Defensive Carry banner

Ultimate Single Shot ?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  p85 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 20" 460 S&W barrel for my T/C Pro Hunter.
I also have a 460 S&W XVR, so I am fairly famliar with the caliber.
The 460 is very versatile because in addition to firing 460, it also fires .454s and 45 long Colt.
My question is ... Could the T/C barrel safely shoot .410 shotgun shells ? My thinking is if so, this would REALLY be a versatile rifle for hunting or possible survival situation.
Or would this do damage to the rifling in the barrel ?

Thanks for your imput,

:theyareontome:

#4 ·
I too don't think it would hurt the barrel other than possible leading issues, the only problem could be if the T/C chamber is too short for the shot shell. I believe taurus makes a revolver that fires .45 long colt and 410 shot shells through a rifled barrel.

I would check with T/C before trying it though.

#5 ·
My .45 TC barrel is actually intended for .410. Downside of that is for .45LC use the bullet jump is long and does seem to reduce accuracy.

The barrel is threaded internally at the muzzle to accept a fitting for use when shooting shot shells.

#6 ·
I also have a T/C with 10" barrel for 45LC or 410 shotgun shell. Not a bad shooter for the 45LC but with the 10" barrel, I can't hit the broadside of the barn with the 410.
Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.