Questions About Glock 27

Questions About Glock 27

This is a discussion on Questions About Glock 27 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey im new here and ive been considering getting glock 27 prob gen 4 for carry and shooting. But im worried about the kabooms ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Questions About Glock 27

Questions About Glock 27

Hey im new here and ive been considering getting glock 27 prob gen 4 for carry and shooting. But im worried about the kabooms ive heard. Is the barrel in the gen 4 any more supported and if I stick with just factory loads i should be fine right. Just need little help to be talked into getting one later. Want honest feedback about those who own a glock 27.

VIP Member
    There seems to have been a rash of these Glock issues in the past few days. I think that with the millions of them that are in service we would be hearing a lot more about something as serious as barrel failures from whatever design flaw they allegedly have.

I have shot a Gen 4 27, and the gun performed great. I'm not a big fan of the Gen 4 grip texture. I'd consider a gen 3 though. I've got a Gen 3 30 that I carry often. My 30 has shot both standard and +p loads. There are plenty of Police departments issuing 22's, 23's, and 27's. If there was some real safety issue, this wouldn't be the case.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

If I was worried about Ka-booms, I wouldn't carry this one. Its side kick is a Kahr CM40. IMO, most Ka-booms are caused by bad re-loaded ammo. Double charge a round when reloading, and you will blow up most pistols made today. I've personally seen two blow up in the shooter's face and both were bad re-loads.

Eric357 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Ive only shot a glock 23 gen 3. Got to hold the gen 4 today and it just feels better in hand. Both Seem great though. I also have kahr cm40 atm for carry.

Stick to factory ammo. You will not have any problems. I have a g23 and fired many rounds through it with no problems.

My next handgun will be a g27.
    Question Everything!

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    I've lost count after the first 6,000 rnds thru my G 27 Gen 4. Zero issues.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

I like the feel of gen 4s too. G27 is on my list to try but I doubt I need to go smaller then g23.
    Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Ephesians 6:13

New Member Array anthonyaumiller's Avatar
    Just found this information not sure if it has to do with the ka-booms that you are referring to but you can check out the information. http://gunssavelives.net/gun-industr...a75b0-65821629

Next question is those who have owned or do own a glock 27 whats the best holster you have found for it iwb.

New Member Array anthonyaumiller's Avatar
    I like Alien Gear Holsters the price is right, it is comfortable plus the life time guarantee and exchange shell for life can't beat that. http://aliengearholsters.com

I am wearing a G26 in a Remora Holster today. Though I can use my 3speed Holster for my G19 also
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Comptac mtac. I bought the slide version. That way I can use the same holster for any 9mm, 40, or 357 sig Glock. Very handy indeed!
    Question Everything!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
    Next question is those who have owned or do own a glock 27 whats the best holster you have found for it iwb.
    I've carried a Sig P250 sub compact, which is similar in size to the 27 in a White Hat Maxtuck and was very pleased with it. I now often carry my 30 in a Galco Kingtuck. I prefer hybrids due to the fact I have to tuck my shirt while at work.
    Eric357 likes this.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    I carry appendix IWB using the kydex version of this holster (1K) FIST, INC. (as seen on left in my avatar)
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Glock is an average gun at high end price. If you don't mind paying for hype buy the glock. Stick to normal factory loads and you will be fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links