Defensive Carry banner

Questions About Glock 27

2K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  JDavisArk 
#1 ·
Hey im new here and ive been considering getting à glock 27 prob gen 4 for carry and shooting. But im worried about the kabooms ive heard. Is the barrel in the gen 4 any more supported and if I stick with just factory loads i should be fine right. Just need little help to be talked into getting one later. Want honest feedback about those who own a glock 27.

#2 ·
There seems to have been a rash of these Glock issues in the past few days. I think that with the millions of them that are in service we would be hearing a lot more about something as serious as barrel failures from whatever design flaw they allegedly have.

I have shot a Gen 4 27, and the gun performed great. I'm not a big fan of the Gen 4 grip texture. I'd consider a gen 3 though. I've got a Gen 3 30 that I carry often. My 30 has shot both standard and +p loads. There are plenty of Police departments issuing 22's, 23's, and 27's. If there was some real safety issue, this wouldn't be the case.

#3 ·
If I was worried about Ka-booms, I wouldn't carry this one. Its side kick is a Kahr CM40. IMO, most Ka-booms are caused by bad re-loaded ammo. Double charge a round when reloading, and you will blow up most pistols made today. I've personally seen two blow up in the shooter's face and both were bad re-loads.

#13 ·
I've carried a Sig P250 sub compact, which is similar in size to the 27 in a White Hat Maxtuck and was very pleased with it. I now often carry my 30 in a Galco Kingtuck. I prefer hybrids due to the fact I have to tuck my shirt while at work.

Reactions: Eric357
#14 ·
I carry appendix IWB using the kydex version of this holster (1K) FIST, INC. (as seen on left in my avatar)

#17 ·
I plan on getting à 9 and 357 barrel for it later on down the road. Reason i want à glock is just i like the way they shoot. Ive shot better with the one i tested than i ever have with any others. I like the grip feel believe it or not.

#18 ·
I have been carrying and handloading for Glock 22's, 23's and 27's ( the same 27 for the last 16+ years) for over 20 years. I load and shoot lead, fmj's, hp's, lead semi wadcutters......I have never had an issue. I have seen several brands of handguns "kaboom" throughout my career. Glock does not have any more problem with "kabooms" than any other brand of gun, and probably less than most!

#23 ·
I've been carrying a G27 for over 12 years now. Changed it into a G33 over a year ago. Don't know how many thousands of rounds I've put through the 40S&W package, but it's a lot. I am currently carrying appendix in a Remora ART#6.
Concerns about KaBooms with any of my Glocks? Not really. I only use factory parts and factory ammo. All of mine are 3rd generation Glocks.
The truth about mishaps firing any gun? The more you shoot, the better your chances of having a bad load, weak case, etc. Just the laws of statistics. In my 30+ years of shooting (and reloading center fire rifle), tens if thousands of rounds downrange, I've had one KaBoom and it was a commercial factory 9mm load. Burned the top of my grip hand through the magazine release cutout and ejected the magazine. Weak brass just above the case head blew out. Firing any gun always poses a risk to you or your firearm. That is why all of the disclaimers on firearms and ammunition. You take a risk each and every time you pull the trigger on a live round. The more you shoot, the more possible it becomes. That's just the way it is (in the numbers), and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Some of what you hear can be blown out of proportion. Just look at how the mainstream media does it. Some of those reported KaBooms really happen, but sometimes it's due to circumstances that might have been avoided. Negligent discharges are way more common than KaBooms. Take what you hear with a grain of salt, and realize the numbers and the possibilities. If you do your part, and your firearm and ammunition are quality and well maintained, then I figure you're more likely to get struck by lightning than ever experience a KaBoom. Knowing that nothing in this world is perfect does make it possible however.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.