Latest Impulse Buy

Latest Impulse Buy

This is a discussion on Latest Impulse Buy within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 28-2.jpg Went looking for a box or two of ammo and to fondle some guns at a store. Found a ~99% S&W 28-2 with target ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By diggler1833

Thread: Latest Impulse Buy

Senior Member Array diggler1833's Avatar

Latest Impulse Buy

28-2.jpg

Went looking for a box or two of ammo and to fondle some guns at a store. Found a ~99% S&W 28-2 with target grips and 6" barrel marked down to the point where I couldn't pass it up. Was really in the market to find a model 19, but I guess I have another N frame now. They also had a pretty decent Model 12 Winchester over in the shotgun rack for $395. If I wasn't counting pennies I would have brought that one home with me too.

Gave the pistol a thorough going through, and I would be willing to bet that it hasn't had more than a couple of boxes of rounds through it, even the turn ring on the cylinder is incredibly faint. Lockup and timing are impeccable, something that I would expect from a P&R S&W. You can definitely see the difference in finishes between the 27 and 28 when you have them side-by-side. However, I had no model 28...I have fixed that dilemma now.

Merry Christmas to me.
    Last edited by diggler1833; December 16th, 2014 at 06:21 AM.
    PAcanis likes this.

We like pictures.

Senior Member Array diggler1833's Avatar
    Pic up!

Sponsored Links