Secure Display Case

This is a discussion on Secure Display Case within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a gun safe. It works fine to secure my stuff, but I'd like to display a few guns. Does anyone make a secure ...

Thread: Secure Display Case

Secure Display Case

I have a gun safe. It works fine to secure my stuff, but I'd like to display a few guns.

Does anyone make a secure display case?

The standard glass display cases provide no security against theft, and hardly any from kids.

I'd like something secure enough to leave unattended, around teenagers.

Something built like a safe with a bulletproof window perhaps?

Any Suggestions?

2. Remove Ads

I've thought about this a bunch of times too, I have a couple collectables I'd like to secure too, but still keep visible.

I don't know of any existing manufacturers that do that, but I have thought about trying to build something myself. Maybe some welded steel as a frame around bullet-proof glass, and some wood-trim to cover the steel, and maybe get a sensor of some sort to link up with the home alarm system.
    "I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four-wheel drive.. a country boy can survive..." - Hank Williams, Jr.

VIP Member
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Geo2020 View Post
    I have a gun safe. It works fine to secure my stuff, but I'd like to display a few guns.

Does anyone make a secure display case?

The standard glass display cases provide no security against theft, and hardly any from kids.

I'd like something secure enough to leave unattended, around teenagers.

Something built like a safe with a bulletproof window perhaps?

Any Suggestions?
    I've been thinking about one for a while..but much cheaper and more fun in design... A normal display cabinet, but with attachment clamps of some sort to attach to the firearms (via clamp around barrel or trigger lock or something) that is ELECTRIFIED! In other words...crook says "ooh pretty", breaks glass (figuring he's home free) grabs the guns or tries to separate the cables and BOOM...he get's toasted by 700k volts. So I'm sadistic ...gimme a break.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I've been thinking about one for a while..but much cheaper and more fun in design... A normal display cabinet, but with attachment clamps of some sort to attach to the firearms (via clamp around barrel or trigger lock or something) that is ELECTRIFIED! In other words...crook says "ooh pretty", breaks glass (figuring he's home free) grabs the guns or tries to separate the cables and BOOM...he get's toasted by 700k volts. So I'm sadistic ...gimme a break.
    oooooo... hadn't thought of that option!

*adds to drawing board requirement*
    "I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four-wheel drive.. a country boy can survive..." - Hank Williams, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    rofl. I like it.

I've considered building a wall-mounted rack out of angle iron and wood, and including a biometric solenoid of some type that could release a clamp over the trigger guard as soon as I scan my thumb. That way I could store my AR hammer-down with a full mag and not worry too much about a thief stealing it (they'd need some pretty heavy hardware and a lot of determination to cut through either the angle iron or the studs supporting it).

Bulletproof glass? Electrified security means? Biometrics? :)

What about a trap-door in front of the case? Bad guy falls into a pit of acid in the basement. If he makes it out of the acid he will have to swim past the sharks to gain freedom.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Quote Originally Posted by PapaScout View Post
    Bulletproof glass? Electrified security means? Biometrics? :)

What about a trap-door in front of the case? Bad guy falls into a pit of acid in the basement. If he makes it out of the acid he will have to swim past the sharks to gain freedom.
    I prefer my taser version thanks...It "should" be legal in any of the states that allow tasers/stun guns, and it still hurts like he!!. I think maybe I should start working on a working model...only problem is triggering...I don't want to just leave a constant voltage running...to much waste of power - and would also require the case be near a power outlet. The only way to go would be battery powered...So it would have to be designed so that a large change in resistence would trigger the jolt or something (ie when someone touches it) so it wouldnt have to be plugged in all the time.

And below it...... a tank with sharks with freakin' lazer beams!
    -Biker

Do you all think a security display case like this..

http://display-case-showcase.com/Gla...splay_case.htm

and an alarm system that is always set when were gone would be sufficient?

My thinking is with the plexan it would take more time than a burgler would want to spend.

The more concerning issue than theft, is teenagers in my house. Crafty little suckers they are.

Links