pics of the rra and kimber

This is a discussion on pics of the rra and kimber within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just before the board troubles i mentioned that i had traded into a RRA ar 15 and a kimber classic . Well finaly slowed down ...

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

Just before the board troubles i mentioned that i had traded into a RRA ar 15 and a kimber classic . Well finaly slowed down enough to snap a couple of pics . I dont know for shure just what all i will do to either of them , but both have plenty of room for improvement lol . hmmm pics did not load .. well maby ill try after we get to the perm host then .

On the subject of the rra ar , it is a flat top with front sight and a a2 fixed stock . Currently with a pro point , I am not wild about the pro point , so would appreciate any optics advise as well as buis ( i wont have a rifle that might get pressed into defense without a set of irons . As far as useage its going to be predator/vermin control , plinking , and possibly as mentioned pressed into defensive use . I will see if the 16" barrel makes it handy enough to get into and out of various vehicles and equipment before i make a decision on changing stock , I prefer to shoot fixed stocks but have not played with any of the newer telecrashers either . I never liked the original colt ( pre m4 ) due to cheekweld and wobble issues .
    Last edited by Redneck Repairs; February 5th, 2007 at 11:08 AM.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

look forward to the pics

test lol

and the rra at last LOL
    Last edited by Redneck Repairs; February 5th, 2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: playing with remote hosting on pics
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

VIP Member
    Pretty things they are.

Looks like the front sight would be in the way of the mounted propoint. Does it block the view at all?
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Copper yes and no lol . If your shooting like you should with a dot sight ( focus on target ) you really dont even see the front sight , just looking thro the sight tho it appears to set on top of the front sight post when aiming . It will be intresting to see how it appears when i put a back sight on the rifle since i plan on trying to " co witness " the sights where if the dot sight is off irons work fine without any sight removal , and if its on then use it .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Copper yes and no lol . If your shooting like you should with a dot sight ( focus on target ) you really dont even see the front sight , just looking thro the sight tho it appears to set on top of the front sight post when aiming . It will be intresting to see how it appears when i put a back sight on the rifle since i plan on trying to " co witness " the sights where if the dot sight is off irons work fine without any sight removal , and if its on then use it .
    Got it.

And by the way, being a non-golfer, I like your signature comment about the golf courses.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I Like...

Very nice...

Kimber is my EDC, and I have had my BushMaster for only a couple of months now...Nice Pics...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links