Thoughts regarding Bond Arms Derringers...

Thoughts regarding Bond Arms Derringers...

This is a discussion on Thoughts regarding Bond Arms Derringers... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently purchased a Bond Arms Derringer and am wondering if any of you have any thoughts regarding these guns-i.e., quality,etc.,etc.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Thoughts regarding Bond Arms Derringers...

I recently purchased a Bond Arms Derringer and am wondering if any of you have any thoughts regarding these guns-i.e., quality,etc.,etc....
    "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice; ammo is cheap, life is expensive."

Administrator

HI Gringo

Which one? (caliber?) did you buy?
    Have you found their web site?
    Did you happen to buy their SnakeSlayer? (I love that name!!)
    Nothing quite like a touching off a 410/45 Long Colt Derringer to wake you
    up better than a cup of strong coffee!

I'll post a photo of one from their web site so other forum members will know exactly what type of animal you are asking about here. Their web site LINK is right below the photograph.

LINK TO BOND ARMS WEB SITE ~ Click Here
    Anybody here own or ever fired a Bond Arms Firearm?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Looks like a gun you could tuck away when walking or watching TV and feel secure. Does it have a safety?? A paddle holster would work good.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    My thoughts: if you're going to buy a derringer, Bond Arms' products seem to be notably better than those of their competitors.

That said, while I've time and again considered getting a derringer, I remain convinced that one would do better to carry a lighter 5-shot .38 spl or .357 magnum revolver with some sort of alloy frame. I do not know of anyone able to draw and fire a real-caliber derringer as quickly, accurately or effectively as a small revo, the small revos are lighter and virtually the same size, and the small revos carry at least three more rounds on board.

Truth be told, I've always wished I could have inherited one of my grandfather's .22 derringers. He had several of them.

I considered buying a derringer, but I think I'll eventually lose my self control and get one of those NAA mini revolvers instead chambered in .22 magnum.

I'm actually considering getting that in lieu of a conventional .22 pistol. I figure if I can learn to shoot with that little thing well, I can shoot anything well!

I'd like to own one some day, just because the thought of a single .357 round that I could stash somewhere is just too good.

I have a .357/410 and it kicks like a mule, the 410 beyond 15' is useless. But it is a neat gun though.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Thumbs up

I did buy the Snakeslayer in 410/45 Long Colt, and I have to say I think this gun is of exceptional quality- especially in comparison to other derringers I've looked at that are available on todays market. I actually did find Bond Arms website before I made the purchase and found it to be very informative- and, I have to admit it peaked my curiosity and made me seek out a dealer. I've since also purchased both a set of extended grips and a 9mm barrell directly from Bond. The one really cool thing about the Bond is the availability of interchangeable barrells in most any caliber imaginable- and the change over is a breeze. I know this gun is big with the Cowboy Action Shooters, but I think it makes a great bug as well-nothing like a 410 shotgun in your pocket, right?
    "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice; ammo is cheap, life is expensive."

A while back I bought the Century 2000 model from Bond. I like that is shoots .410 shell in long or short configuration and shoots .45lc. Licks like a mule though. Trigger pull is VERY high. well over 12lbs on mine. It has been a good solid mouse that roars.

Administrator

Anybody Know

How the BOND Derringers compare to the American Derringer Corp offerings?
    Are they higher ~ lesser ~ or about the same quality?
    Here is one of the Am Derr Corps 45LC/410

Administrator

Euclidean

The little tiny baby NAA .22s are GREAT!
    They are actually inherently very accurate.

I have an old beater Excam .38 - it looks like hell but I've personally put several boxes through it (which for one of these takes some doing). Where it beats anything else I own at times is the non-existent profile.

I can tuck it in my shoe, hang it on my keychain, etc- it's practically no bigger than a good sized lighter in width and not much longer.

You could conceal it inside a pack of smokes.

As far as the Bond guns, they're nicely finished, but I don't see the point on a simple, point and click gun of that nature. Are they nicer than the old beaters floating around? Sure. Are they "nicer" than the Cobras etc? Yep.

Am I willing to pay the premium for a niche gun like that? No.

Lead Moderator
    I like my NAA .22 as well .I actually may buy a few more as they are easy to stash on your person. A friend owns a old 4 shot .22 4 barrel derringer. Has a rotating striker on the hammer.

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    QKShooter, re: American Derringer products - see my post up-page (first reply).

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk
    A while back I bought the Century 2000 model from Bond. I like that is shoots .410 shell in long or short configuration and shoots .45lc. Licks like a mule though. Trigger pull is VERY high. well over 12lbs on mine. It has been a good solid mouse that roars.
    After going to the range at lunch one day, nighthawk handed this thing over to shoot. I found it to be pretty accurate but after shooting a number of .45LC and .410 out of it, the palm of my hand just below the thumb was numb for a couple of days. In a defensive situation I doubt if I would worry too much about having a numb hand later.... :wink1:
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    I like my NAA .22 as well .I actually may buy a few more as they are easy to stash on your person. A friend owns a old 4 shot .22 4 barrel derringer. Has a rotating striker on the hammer.
    Rocky my grandfather owned 5 or 6 pieces like this.

My personal favorite was his double barrel .22 magnum derringer. It was so thin, it would have been slightly more concealable than one of the NAA pieces.

After my uncle told me about what his NAA mini in .22 magnum did to a coconut at 5 yards, I've wanted one. At $200 they're hard to resist too.

I do want a little gun like this very badly... but gun safe first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links