Double Homicide Home Invasion

This is a discussion on Double Homicide Home Invasion within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is a sad situation. http://www.startribune.com/467/story/982051.html You have to wonder how this guy managed to get the shotgun used in the killings....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double Homicide Home Invasion

Double Homicide Home Invasion

This is a sad situation.

http://www.startribune.com/467/story/982051.html

You have to wonder how this guy managed to get the shotgun used in the killings.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    This is a sad situation.

You have to wonder how this guy managed to get the shotgun used in the killings.
    Later story (found at: http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum...pic.php?t=4145)

The killer is now claiming that the gun went off in a struggle killing the father, then it accidently fired hitting the wife, then he dropped it where it went off on it's own killing the son.

This is apparently a random home invasion buy a guy who "was a hard working" and "never gave any signs of trouble."
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Since he had a felony he probable stole it from someone else. The story about the homeowner having it and how it went off is just plain stupid and obvious he brought the gun. It's too bad the homeowners didn't have protection, I still feel terrible for them. If this were CA they would probably believe this story and give the intruder a settlement from their etate if they remotely believed the homowner had the audacity to confront an intruder with a gun (I'm an ex ca resident).

"the father and husband of the family confronted him with a shotgun that they wrestled over.

The shotgun that Kruger was holding accidentally went off during a struggle between the two, hitting Kruger. Then it accidentally fired again, hitting Tracy's wife, Hilary Kruger, 41, who was in critical condition.

Zabawa, 24, said he then dropped the shotgun and it discharged a third time, hitting Alec."
    If I get cranky It's because the VA is changing my meds again.
    NRA and DAV life member.
    1911Auto

"the father and husband of the family confronted him with a shotgun that they wrestled over.

The shotgun that Kruger was holding accidentally went off during a struggle between the two, hitting Kruger. Then it accidentally fired again, hitting Tracy's wife, Hilary Kruger, 41, who was in critical condition.

Zabawa, 24, said he then dropped the shotgun and it discharged a third time, hitting Alec."
    Mighty fine "accidental" shooting, there, by the criminal. Imagine how effective the shots might have been, had he been aiming and intending to do harm. This guy needs to accidentally find himself at the end of a short rope in jail.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    3 freakin' "accidents" in a row? Ain't no one believin' that noise, bro.

Man, oh, man, but some assistant DA is gonna ram that action down the dude's throat come jury time, with the help of some physical evidence from the scene (and the statement by the victim).

Don't get me wrong: if the dude did what it's looking like he did, he needs some pretty extreme punishment.

But it's also another illustration of how stupid some criminals can be and why I tell folks that they have the right to remain silent and that they should USE it.

You hang youself at least two ways by talking when you get arrested. You can confess, thus depriving your lawyer of bargaining power.

But you can hurt yourself just as badly when you deny it and dream up some crazy-ass fairy tale that gets rammed down your throat later.

Just how the hell do you think that freakin' tale he just pulled from his nether-regions is going to play in front of a jury come sentencing time- even if he pleads guilty?

Makes you look just as bad.

Some people abuse the privilege of being stupid.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Three accidental discharges sounds fishy. I would have a hard time buying that if I was on a jury. When you break into a home like that nothing is an accident.

He needs to be put down, but the sad truth is even if he gets the death penalty he will most likely die of old age first.

Quote Originally Posted by country85 View Post
    He needs to be put down, but the sad truth is even if he gets the death penalty he will most likely die of old age first.
    If anyone should get it is this guy. No death penalty in Minnesota.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Assistant Administrator
    Like others - yes - ''accidentally'' does not happen much once but three times.

Yeah right Not gonna talk a way out of this I hope.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Mighty fine "accidental" shooting, there, by the criminal. Imagine how effective the shots might have been, had he been aiming and intending to do harm. This guy needs to accidentally find himself at the end of a short rope in jail.
    I want one of those shotguns; just imagine trap shooting with a self-aiming self-firing gun.

The first shot I can believe; wrestling over a gun is a good way to cause an AD that is almost certain to hit somebody, though it's pretty much a coin toss as to who it will be. After that, it sounds to me like he was trying to eliminate witnesses.

The most important lesson to be learned here, as I see it, is that if at all possible, don't ever let a situation arise where you are grappling for your weapon. It's like those silly TV shows where the BG is walking slowly toward a scared person with a gun, and they don't shoot...and ultimately lose the weapon.

Maybe I should put razor blades on the barrel of my shotgun!

Is there an update news link? What did they finally do to the perp?

Distinguished Member
    I hope he accidentally get a psycotic cellmate, then he accidentally backs into a shiv, and he bleeds to death while emergency help accidentally goes to the wrong cell.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Some people come up with the worst explanations.
    I knew of a case where a woman took a semi-auto .22 out of a gunrack and shot her husband (who was sleeping on the couch)
    17 Times. Her excuse was she wanted to wipe the dust off, and she accidently hit the trigger. BTW she got a Life sentence.
    A LTTLE TRAINING IS A DANGEROUS THING ....

Can't wait to see how this plays out in court.
    Tragic....so many lives lost for such a senseless act.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links