what is the most improved firearms manufacturer in last 5 years?

This is a discussion on what is the most improved firearms manufacturer in last 5 years? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; what would you say is the most improved firearms manufacturer (gun company) in the last five years? I say Ruger...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: what is the most improved firearms manufacturer in last 5 years?

what would you say is the most improved firearms manufacturer (gun company) in the last five years?

I say Ruger

VIP Member
    You say Ruger, I say why? I'm not knocking them, just want to know why you picked them. As for my answer, I am thinking....
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Distinguished Member
    Creative question. I need to think on that........
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Improved by what measure? Number of new guns introduced? Total sales? Market share? Reliability? Customer service?
    gary106334 and gatorbait51 like this.

Good question.
    I say Ruger, too. They seem to produce quality stuff, don't flood the market with ten varieties of the same thing, American made, no really bad raps.
    I would be curious though to know Armscor's growth in the last five years. I mean, they came out with their own caliber even.

Hi Point!

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    You say Ruger, I say why? I'm not knocking them, just want to know why you picked them. As for my answer, I am thinking....
    increased availability, lots of new models, reintroduced .327 revolver, fixed reliability issues with some models.
    gatorbait51 and Ghost1958 like this.

Well I can't say Ruger. I've bought a bought a sp101 and their CMD during your time frame. The sp101 they replaced with a new one and the CMD needed a new barrel and extractor.IMG_0033.JPGIMG_0038.JPGIMG_0043.JPG
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by halem1 View Post
    Improved by what measure?
    thats your discretion
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Good question.
    I say Ruger, too. They seem to produce quality stuff, don't flood the market with ten varieties of the same thing, American made, no really bad raps.
    I would be curious though to know Armscor's growth in the last five years. I mean, they came out with their own caliber even.
    Armscor is aggressive and hungry . They do have great Customer Service, they improve their line geometrically . They ramped up their ammo production , good stuff BTW. Their 1911 clones get a little nicer all the time.

I'd love to have said Colt. No complaints about the product, plenty about the chaos at Corporate level, the 18 month lead time for Custom work reflects this .
    SIGP250 and PAcanis like this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMER…, POR QUE EN MI CORAZ”N Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

The Totalitarian State in America will not arise at the point of a gun. It will come with a message of

"We only want what's best for you. It's for your own good."

Quote Originally Posted by Hatrix View Post
    Hi Point!
    Fail!
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Ruger could have had two good platforms, but they cheaped-out on the LCP and kowtowed to California-Legal requirements in the LC9. We got rid of both of them.

I pick Sig-Sauer with their upgradable platform. Glock hasn't done badly either.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Once upon a time in a perfect world....
    By what measure?
    I'd say that Ruger customer service if one of, if not the best in the business.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Quote Originally Posted by Hatrix View Post
    Hi Point!
    Yeah, I wondered when that was gonna pop up.

Seems like many have actually dropped a notch or two. Likely due to maximum demand.

Gen 4 Glocks, SIG p238 and p938, XDs, all have had their issues.

I just bought a j frame that's headed back to Smith. They've only been cranking those out for 1000 years.

I'd ask what manufacturer has held their standards of the past?
    gatorbait51 and remington79 like this.

It depends on what you call improved, Ruger has made a lot of changes or modifications to a lot of their existing line, and got into the 1911 game pretty well. Ruger along with S$W got sucked into the California Compliant mode of new gun designs and lost. They both pulled their existing semi auto pistols from the Caldoj roster of approved handguns (except the shield, and the sdve). Now it's going on 2 years and both companies are tailoring their new designs to the national market.

I'd say it's close between the two companies as far as innovation with quality designs over the last five years. Sig has been offering up a lot of new models as well but they're all 1911s of one caliber or another.

A sad side note: California has not offered a new model (within 2 yrs.) semiauto pistol for sale because any new model or any changes to an existing model requires that the pistol microstamp the bullet casing in at least 2 locations with the serial number make and model. It's been two years since anything new has been seen at the LGS. You can look at pictures of them but you can't touch, unless you're in law enforcement, or an ffl. The clock is ticking and eventually California guns will look like Cuban cars with everyone driving 50's Chevys that have been rebuilt ten thousand times.
    Recon1342 and 19Kvet like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links