You can usually tell what hollywood star actually has his own guns in real life - Page 2

You can usually tell what hollywood star actually has his own guns in real life

This is a discussion on You can usually tell what hollywood star actually has his own guns in real life within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Oh yeah - I nearly forgot Jack Bauer. Though with how many times he kills people a "day" I wouldn't blame him for leaving his ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You can usually tell what hollywood star actually has his own guns in real life

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Oh yeah - I nearly forgot Jack Bauer. Though with how many times he kills people a "day" I wouldn't blame him for leaving his finger on the trigger.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Administrator
    I know this isnít the way of CC or what this thread is about, but I donít give a damn what goes on in movies. Movies are for entertainment, not learning, studying or anything else.
    Also, while we are on this topic, who cares what an actor thinks about any subject? They are paid because they look good on the screen, nothing more. I am glad Mr. Selleck is pro gun, but he is just a man like you and I. Rosie is a cow, and she needs hauled off to market. That mouth of hers is better suited for chewing grass, not spewing her own brand of stupidity for all the lesser minds to absorb.

Oh yeah, a high budget film will train its actors to be who they need to be. Good gun handling skills in a movie says to me that the director is good and detail driven. Cruise was good in that movie; he went through a lot of training to be that convincing. I would bet that empty headed waste of space doesnít support your right to own a gun.
    Sorry, I needed to get that out of my system. I'm better now.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by But If Not View Post
    How about Tom Cruise in "Collateral"?

Yowza!
    I loved the movie and thought Tom did a great job overall especially drawing the weapon. Being a nerd- I watched the movie with directors commentary turned on. They hired Andy McNabb (former SAS) as the weapons and fighting choreographer (sp?)

Also- even though Tom did action movies like Mission Impossible, he said he had never shot a REAL gun. McMann (director) and McNabb MADE him train at a pistol range with a real gun and live ammo before they filmed the movie.
    Last edited by kylebce; February 9th, 2007 at 09:05 AM.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    +10000 No kidding!!!

Best trigger-pull and gun handling I've ever seen is by the guy who hosts "Futureweapons" on Discovery... course he's an ex-SEAL and its not Hollywood.

Dont forget R Lee Ermey.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Instead of concern regarding which actors own or "handle" guns in their personal life, I worry about which gun owners are "actors", lacking the training to skillfully employ their firearms if necessity dictates....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    My boring old comment on actors and guns is ......... if they are anti gun then do NOT take parts in movies where a gun is required!! That would be appropriate.

But no ... $$$$ matter much more, and I doubt they feel any shame or guilt as they apply their double standards in public. With the very outspoken ones it is pure hipocricy.
    I'm sure actors and directors revel in the fact that they can show irresponsible gun use to all the sheeple.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I know this isnít the way of CC or what this thread is about, but I donít give a damn what goes on in movies. Movies are for entertainment, not learning, studying or anything else.
    Also, while we are on this topic, who cares what an actor thinks about any subject? They are paid because they look good on the screen, nothing more. I am glad Mr. Selleck is pro gun, but he is just a man like you and I. Rosie is a cow, and she needs hauled off to market. That mouth of hers is better suited for chewing grass, not spewing her own brand of stupidity for all the lesser minds to absorb.

Oh yeah, a high budget film will train its actors to be who they need to be. Good gun handling skills in a movie says to me that the director is good and detail driven. Cruise was good in that movie; he went through a lot of training to be that convincing. I would bet that empty headed waste of space doesnít support your right to own a gun.
    Sorry, I needed to get that out of my system. I'm better now.
    Now see, SIXTO, there's your problem, you just won't say what you think without beatin' around the bush.

I always watch for proper gun handling skills also. I thought Cruise did very well in Collateral.

HEAT was another movie with a lot of guns and had good handling and bad as well.

I am interested in seeing the Tom Selleck Movies now.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Tom Selleck (NRA Board Member)
    Steven Segal
    Reba MacIntyre (from "Tremors")
    that other guy from "Tremors" 'Earl' was the character's name
    the guy who did Major Dad (former Marine during Nam, served with Ben Stein)
    Cruise did alright in Collateral, but he still is an idiot
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

1943 - 2009
    the guy who did Major Dad (former Marine during Nam, served with Ben Stein)
    Gerald McRaney.

When youíre wounded and left on Afghanistanís plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Yup that's the dude. He has his own African hunting show now. He's married to Delta Burke, right?
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 'em down View Post
    If you are interested in knowing about Tom's character "Jesse Stone" shoot me a PM and I'll tell you about him...you'll want to read these books (and see the movies) as well...I guarantee!

I was looking through the discount DVD bin the other day and saw Stone Cold..I walked off and about five minutes later, it dawned on me what that was..when I came back, someone else had bought it..

crappola!
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Keeney View Post
    I was looking through the discount DVD bin the other day and saw Stone Cold..I walked off and about five minutes later, it dawned on me what that was..when I came back, someone else had bought it..

crappola!
    You missed out, man! It's one of those movies I can watch over, and over, and over again! I can not say enough good things about Tom and his portrayl of "Jesse Stone" He really brings Jesse to life.

Truly his best acting performance ever...IMO.

You can catch the 4th "Jesse Stone" movie Sea Change on CBS come May.

Two real actors/"gun nuts" come to mind: Chuck Connors (Rifleman) and Sammy Davis Jr.

In addition to watching the finger position - on the trigger or indexed on the side, I've started counting the shots fired before a reload. Amazing how they pack those mags full of ammo!
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links