You can usually tell what hollywood star actually has his own guns in real life

This is a discussion on You can usually tell what hollywood star actually has his own guns in real life within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My favorite "gun handling skill" by actors is the ability to place a thumb behind the slide and not get hurt when they pull the ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You can usually tell what hollywood star actually has his own guns in real life

My favorite "gun handling skill" by actors is the ability to place a thumb behind the slide and not get hurt when they pull the trigger. These folks also seem to be able to get that "revolver cocking" sound out of a Glock...

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock 'em down View Post
    You missed out, man! It's one of those movies I can watch over, and over, and over again! I can not say enough good things about Tom and his portrayl of "Jesse Stone" He really brings Jesse to life.

Truly his best acting performance ever...IMO.

You can catch the 4th "Jesse Stone" movie Sea Change on CBS come May.

I'm eagerly awaiting. I just watched "Stone Cold" again (for the 4th or 5th time) on Sunday. I wish I could get the other two on DVD, but I'm still waiting.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Cocking a DAO pistol...
    3 minutes of full-auto fire from a 33 round Glock magazine...
    Bullet impact throwing a 250lb man 5 yards backwards...
    Cycling the action of a pump shotgun 3 or 4 times without dropping a shell...

Tires squealing on a gravel road...

It's a movie, not an instruction video. Light entertainment at best. If you want to avoid watching movies made by anti 2A types, avoid everything that comes out of Hollyweird. Even the actors/directors that have a clue work for studios or producers that don't.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

I don't go see a movie from the likes of Matt Damon, etc... unless they are real gun people. I just don't like "fakes" and hear them bad mouthing everyone for doing what they do in the movies. Steve48

I Agree...Except For...

Quote Originally Posted by cmidkiff View Post
    Cocking a DAO pistol...
    3 minutes of full-auto fire from a 33 round Glock magazine...
    Bullet impact throwing a 250lb man 5 yards backwards...
    Cycling the action of a pump shotgun 3 or 4 times without dropping a shell...

Tires squealing on a gravel road...

It's a movie, not an instruction video. Light entertainment at best. If you want to avoid watching movies made by anti 2A types, avoid everything that comes out of Hollyweird. Even the actors/directors that have a clue work for studios or producers that don't.
    I used to think that tires squealing on a dirt road was a joke...then I went to a dirt speedway...they DO squeal...just as if it were on pavement...honest...I couldn't believe it!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

And I thought I was the only one out there that watched there trigger finger and how they handle the firearm....its good to know I'm not alone.

Not a movie but even worse since it is real! Hope that gun is not loaded or this guy is going to have one big hole in his #$@%!

http://www.andrewsleather.com/carjackerx.htm

I find it funny that no matter how many action movies the Govenator is in he never seems how to use a gun properly. You would think a gun expert or advisor would be hired to teach him how. I was watching Predator the other day and almost all of their weapon handling tactics are horrible, but I still love the movie.
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    Oh yeah - I nearly forgot Jack Bauer. Though with how many times he kills people a "day" I wouldn't blame him for leaving his finger on the trigger.
    Nah, the best gun handling in 24 was by Chloe last season (or the one before) at the abandoned factory.

And my 2 cents... Betty Blue, Dirt Diver, Snake Doctor and I forget the other two code names...... You know the series
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Cruise was good in that movie; he went through a lot of training to be that convincing. I would bet that empty headed waste of space doesn’t support your right to own a gun.
    Yet but his wacko cult religion might allow you to own a gamma death ray or a lightsaber!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    I'm eagerly awaiting. I just watched "Stone Cold" again (for the 4th or 5th time) on Sunday. I wish I could get the other two on DVD, but I'm still waiting.
    Gonzo
    I haven't seen the other 2 (Night Passage & Death In Paradise) on DVD ANYWHERE! If I did, I would SURELY pick them up in the blink of an eye!

Night Passage is STILL my favorite Jesse Stone book...reading it right now, as a matter of fact, for about the 4th time. I just absolutely LOVE the last sentence of the first chapter when Jesse is looking out at the Pacific ocean, half drunk, thinking about losing his wife AND his job, and about to head for the East coast - knowing he will never see this water again, and the writer (Robert B. Parker) writes "Say goodbye to Hollywood...Say goodbye my baby!"

If I had never seen the movie, it prolly wouldn't mean that much to me, but I can see Tom Selleck standing there on that pier thinking that...AWESOME movies/books!

I am disgusted at hollywierd's anti-gun agenda, when they are busy making millions shooting guns. Think about their attitude toward guns the next time you go to the video store, and the just walk down the isles and look around. I bet >80% of the video jackets have someone holding a gun pictured on them. If they hate guns so much why do they advertise them on the cover of the vast majority of their movies??

My favorite gun handling technique that they use is when they pump the shotgun to load the chamber, then a second or two later they do it again and no shell comes out. I have seen a pump shotgun racked 3 times without ejecting a shell, and then it suddenly shoots when they pull the trigger. Some how their shotguns just know if the shell has been fired and if not they don't eject it????

As for Rosie, she is a prime example of what happens when stupid people become famous.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    WAIT WAIT WAIT REBA was in tremors? Which one was she...Reba Macintyre as in country counrty music sensation Reba Macintyre..
    Quote Originally Posted by freakshow10mm View Post
    Tom Selleck (NRA Board Member)
    Steven Segal
    Reba MacIntyre (from "Tremors")
    that other guy from "Tremors" 'Earl' was the character's name
    the guy who did Major Dad (former Marine during Nam, served with Ben Stein)
    Cruise did alright in Collateral, but he still is an idiot
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Reba was in the first Tremors movie. The one with Kevin Bacon. She played the wife of the survivalist guy, played by Michael Gross. Thank you Internet movie database.

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    If you want really bad gun handling watch Marine with John Cena (what a hoot!)
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links