Glock .22 long rifle

This is a discussion on Glock .22 long rifle within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was cleaning my Glock 42 today when it hit me this would be a great frame size for a .22 long rifle. A caliber ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 3 Post By condition1blog
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom

Thread: Glock .22 long rifle

Glock .22 long rifle

I was cleaning my Glock 42 today when it hit me this would be a great frame size for a .22 long rifle. A caliber Glock needs to add IMO. I think I'd actually rather have one than a single stack 9mm at this point. Be a great little camping, fishing and utility gun, anyway likely never happen.
    "There's no such thing as being too Southern." - Lewis Grizzard

Just get a 22lr convesion for any of the glocks out there ... A 26 in 22lr would be just as handy I think

Or heck just get a PPK in 22lr ..
    LeftofMars and Eric357 like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Just get a 22lr convesion for any of the glocks out there ... A 26 in 22lr would be just as handy I think

Or heck just get a PPK in 22lr ..
    I have considered the PPK .22 but yet to act on it. The other Glocks just seem so much larger than the 42 I'm not sure If I'd care for it. I would have to try someone's conversion and see how I liked it before I dropped the coin on it.

how about a Glock 42 in 5.7x28 FN

Quote Originally Posted by LeftofMars View Post
    I have considered the PPK .22 but yet to act on it. The other Glocks just seem so much larger than the 42 I'm not sure If I'd care for it. I would have to try someone's conversion and see how I liked it before I dropped the coin on it.
    The PPK in 22 ( the new walter ones ) are very nice if it helps .. Under 400 bucks and nothing I could fire would jam it
    LeftofMars likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by condition1blog View Post
    how about a Glock 42 in 5.7x28 FN
    This would be interesting indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    The PPK in 22 ( the new walter ones ) are very nice if it helps .. Under 400 bucks and nothing I could fire would jam it
    I really like the PPK anyway. I carry mine from time to time. I've got a stainless and blued PPK, need to add the same in PPK/S and .22 I suppose. Are magazines readily available for the .22?

Quote Originally Posted by LeftofMars View Post
    I really like the PPK anyway. I carry mine from time to time. I've got a stainless and blued PPK, need to add the same in PPK/S and .22 I suppose. Are magazines readily available for the .22?

I am a big PPK fan too ... At least for the new PPK 22 they are like 25-30 bucks for the mags .. The gun worked great .. Normal to HV ammo it fired it all .. And it is silencer ready ..

Though I am working on getting a org pre 68 PPK in 22.. Not sure on the mag sit there though

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/474...-nickel-plated and other places .. I think the one I have was like 25 or 30 or so
    LeftofMars likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links