Good DVD for Glock disassembly/maintenance?

This is a discussion on Good DVD for Glock disassembly/maintenance? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm getting ready to purchase my first Glock, and I wanted to know if there was a good DVD that shows how to detail strip ...

I'm getting ready to purchase my first Glock, and I wanted to know if there was a good DVD that shows how to detail strip them, clean/lube them properly, etc. I know Wilson makes a good one for 1911's, but don't know how it is on the Glock version. I saw one for Glocks listed on their site, but I wanted to see what you guys could recommend from personal experience.
    *** IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, DIAL - 1911 ***

Dan Wesson / CZ: Pointman 7, Stainless .45 ACP
    LaserMax, Carbon Fiber Ultra-thin Grips, Milt Sparks VM2, Milt Sparks 1.5" Tapered Gun Belt, Nickel Buckle, Galco Dual Magazine Carrier

Charles Daly: Field Hunter VR-MC, Semi-Auto 12g

http://gunvideo.com/index.php?category_id=314&tpl=pgroup_descrip&pid=4 802&return=%3f

by Lenny Magill. I have it, also have the complete glock reference guide available @ lonewolf http://www.lonewolfdist.com/products.asp?prod=13

Both are good. But pricey. I watched the video once and have used the manual multiple times.

There's a very thorough video for free on YouTube.

Any other recommendations? I saw three vids on youtube when I searched for 'glock disassembly'. One was 7.5 mins long, but several places in the disassembly his hands are in the way and he moves kind of quick. I want something with lots of closeups and goes slow. Once I know it all correctly, then it won't be an issue.

LaserMax, Carbon Fiber Ultra-thin Grips, Milt Sparks VM2, Milt Sparks 1.5" Tapered Gun Belt, Nickel Buckle, Galco Dual Magazine Carrier

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I was fortunated to learn from a guy who has a booth at the local gun show. His name is George Clay. He operates a booth called G&L Glock, and he is a police officer in addition to being a Glock armorer.

He actually took the time to show me how to take the Glock completely apart. Right down to taking every single part out of the slide, and removing the trigger assembly from the frame.

It is NOT difficult to do it all! You just need someone who knows how to do it to show you. That's the hard part--getting someone. I'd feel a bit self-conscious going into a gun shop and asking someone to spend 15 minutes demonstrating it, unless I planned to buy the guy from him. In that case, I'd say, "I'll buy the gun from you, but on the condition that you show me how to take it all apart and put it back together. And then I won't haggle with you on price, I'll just pay what the ticket says." Hopefully, he'd be amenable.

I not only want to know how to detail strip and reassemble, but I also want to know what to lube, what NOT to lube, etc. Also, some places need a thicker lube, others thin lube. THAT is the kind of stuff I want to know, how to properly care for it so that I can shoot the crap out of it (thousands and thousands of rounds) and make it last.

I just watched the armorer at the local gun show a couple of time. I take mine completely apart every so often so I can do a very, very deep cleaning. I"m kind of picky about things like that.

Hmmm. Speaking of that I need to take one of mine to the shop and give it a bath Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade_Sniper View Post
    I not only want to know how to detail strip and reassemble, but I also want to know what to lube, what NOT to lube, etc. Also, some places need a thicker lube, others thin lube. THAT is the kind of stuff I want to know, how to properly care for it so that I can shoot the crap out of it (thousands and thousands of rounds) and make it last.
    This is the book you want http://www.ptooma.com/products.asp?Prod=Book

I do not have their video, but the one w/ Lenny Magill.

If you want to cheap out, watch utube, otherwise, either of the products I mentioned will suit you well.

Good DVD for Glock Maintenance Lubrication

The best DVD out there for Glocks is "Making Glocks Rock" by the American Gun Institute. The Armorer T.R. Graham is excellent. The DVD is well produced with indepth information concerning the Glock. The DVD has multiple chapters that run for over 3 hours. T.R. Graham's instruction is very easy to follow and the camera work is outstanding. You cannot go wrong with this DVD and the Ptooma manual.

I purchased the Lenny Magill "Complete Glock Disassembly Reassembly" DVD before getting the AGI "Making Glocks Rock" and was amazed that it did not address any lubrication points.

Hope this helps.

Links