The Wife, cell phone and the range.

This is a discussion on The Wife, cell phone and the range. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went to the indoor range today. My wife didn't feel like shooting so she just watched through the glass. I was shooting a string at ...

Thread: The Wife, cell phone and the range.

Went to the indoor range today. My wife didn't feel like shooting so she just watched through the glass.

I was shooting a string at the 10yrd line and my cell phone started ringing. I will turn it off before shooting next time so it wouldn't distract other shooters, lesson learned. But, in this case we were the only ones there.

I could tell by the ringtone who the person calling was.. it was my wife! I couldn't figure out what in the world she could be calling me about in the middle of a string when she is sitting right behind me. The best part is that I was able to finish the string without missing a beat, I turned around and looked at her and she waved me a sorry... she was messing with her phone and called me on accident.

Wives are wonderful creatures....
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    Wives are wonderful creatures....
    +1 to that. Strange and wonderful. Necessary critters that you just can't live without and yet wonder how you live with. <sigh> a mystery to be solved another day.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I really like that copperknight and I heartily agree.
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

I leave at least one of the three at home. Just can't concentrate when someone is talking or jabbering. The phone stays in the truck !!
    Steve48

Quote Originally Posted by Steve48 View Post
    I leave at least one of the three at home. Just can't concentrate when someone is talking or jabbering. The phone stays in the truck !!
    Steve48
    one of the three what, wives?!

this another utah thread?

Ever heard that joke where the blond is ironing and the phone rings?

Same thing could've happened at the range but you'd get more than a burnt ear if you picked up a 1911 to answer the call.

Actually, if you think about it, it probably isn't a bad idea to have someone attempt some sort of distraction. The world isn't square. Nothing will be as we practice. That doesn't meant to quit practicing, but to do so under less than ideal circumstances.

We run monthly shoots where we set up simulated defensive encounters. When we run these, there’s a lot of gunfire and shouting (“he’s got a gun!”…”call 911!”…”oh my g--, he’s been shot!”…etc…) going on.

Right in the middle of one of our shoots, my son got a call on his cell phone from work. In the middle of his conversation, more gunfire and shouting erupted. Needless to say, there was a long pause at the other end of the conversation, until my son explained what was going on.
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that is where he is." -- James Thurber

I always leave my cell on when at the range in the event my wife might call regarding an emergency with the kids (4yrs. and 6mo.).
    At times other folks will call as well. I leave the phone on vibrate though and if occupied (i.e. firing or in a stage during IDPA) will ignore it and let the call go to VM.
    I don't understand why people have a feeling that one has to answer a ringing/buzzing phone.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Have seen a guy answer his phone in the range, with others shooting. Hello....bang,bang,bang.....OW!!! Looks around as if others are doing something wrong.

Talking

I always answer mine when at the range " hello, uhhh kinda busy right now uhhh(pause) more salesmen coming up the road, call me back later!!" and then hangup!! Works great if a LOT of gunfire is going on in the background Keeps people (the caller) thinking as they hang up !!

My man, I need to teach you women psychology.
    She said she did it by accident.

Women do those type of things just to get a reaction, and to see how you would respond because she KNEW you would KNOW her ring tone.

This doesn't make her a bad wife at all, she cares about you.

And she wanted to make that very clear while you were in the middle of a high concentration activity.
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

Links