Rudy thinks 2A is about hunting.

This is a discussion on Rudy thinks 2A is about hunting. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is why I won't vote for Rudy. He thinks the 2A is about hunting, not a right to self protection. He thinks that because ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rudy thinks 2A is about hunting.

Rudy thinks 2A is about hunting.

This is why I won't vote for Rudy. He thinks the 2A is about hunting, not a right to self protection. He thinks that because crime was high in NY that gave him reason to suspend our right to self protection.

http://www3.whdh.com/news/articles/national/BO42897
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

2. Remove Ads

JT
    A tactic to divide the voters. Make the hunters feel like they are safe so don't have to join forces with those nut jobs in the self-defense community.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    A tactic to divide the voters. Make the hunters feel like they are safe so don't have to join forces with those nut jobs in the self-defense community.
    Bad thing is ....it's working.

The anti tactic of 'it won't effect hunters', has worked in the past & I'm afraid will continue. Many people have been deluded into thinking that the Second Amend. is just about hunting. Al Gore used it & still does.

How many liberal politicians have used it.....? Remember all the photos of candidates like Kerry who went hunting so he could show the poor rednecks how 'pro-gun' he is?

Just think how much further down the road towards total banning we would be if 9/11 had NOT happened. That event helped to show that as a society, we are in danger right here at home. I'm willing to bet that more guns were sold after 9/11, than when Clinton purposed their ban.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Assistant Administrator
    Any purist hunters who think ''they'' are safe need to take a long hard look at all the possible ramifications of supporting controls.

It will come back to bite even them if supported.

Rudy is not our friend sad to say - along with so many other ''dignitaries'' (sic) in big cities.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

The second amendment does not say, "The ability of the people to go out and shoot various woodland creatures being necessary to a free state . . ." The 2A is about people rifles, not deer rifles.

Anyone who claims it's about hunting is either an idiot or is being disingenuous.

Persons who think or say the second ammendment is about 'hunting', either have no understanding and/or have forgotten about American history.
    Or, they are themselves not American.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    This is the reason I won't be voting for Rudy:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/rwg/html/97a/ccc.html

I think this is the real Rudy...not the "new & improved" candidate...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

When any thinking person contemplates the crucible in which the Bill of Rights was refined, specifically the context of a bloody revolution against a tyranical government, only a fool or a liar would argue that the Second Amendment is about hunting.

As far as I can tell, Rudy is not a fool.

Rudy might need to take lessons from our first President-

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government". – George Washington

THAT is what the Second Ammendment is about!
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

Hey Rudy, here's another one!

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed - where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest."
    -Judge Alex Kozinski
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

The 2nd amendment _is_ about hunting...

...hunting politicians :)
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    This is why I won't vote for Rudy. He thinks the 2A is about hunting, not a right to self protection. He thinks that because crime was high in NY that gave him reason to suspend our right to self protection.

http://www3.whdh.com/news/articles/national/BO42897
    Well, who is worse, Hilliary or Rudy? I agree that Rudy is a Freakin' moron, but who are you going to vote for? We are all damned if you do and damned if you don't in this election.... but we can't afford to "sit" this out. We can't afford to throw our votes away on a third party choice like people did in '92 on Ross Freakin' Perrot. As far as I am concerned those turncoats helped vote in Bill Clinton. If Hilliary or Barrack Obama get the White House we are all in deep poo-doo. I'll take my chances with whoever the Republican ticket consists of...I'll just have to pray that congress keeps it in check and if not perhaps it will be "regime change" time in America.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; February 12th, 2007 at 07:31 PM.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

If it comes down to that choice.....

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Well, who is worse, Hilliary or Rudy? I agree that Rudy is a Freakin' moron, but who are you going to vote for? We are all damned if you do and damned if you don't in this election.... but we can't afford to "sit" this out. We can't afford to throw our votes away on a third party choice like people did in '92 on Ross Freakin' Perrot. As far as I am concerned those turncoats helped vote in Bill Clinton. If Hilliary or Barrack Obama get the White House we are all in deep poo-doo. I'll take my chances with whoever the Republican ticket consists of...I'll just have to pray that congress keeps it in check and if not perhaps it will be "regime change" time in America.

I just may have to go with a third party for the first time in my life. Let's hope the Republican party can do better, or get Rudy to change his mind on several subjects.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Doc,

How can you be sure about Barama when he hasn't even released a real standing on anything yet.
    Aside from his name no one knows much about his positions toward anything but the cluster in Iraq.

Agreed HGJ...for the first time ever I suspect I may find myself going with a third party too.
    But who?

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Too early to really think about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Doc,

How can you be sure about Barama when he hasn't even released a real standing on anything yet.
    Aside from his name no one knows much about his positions toward anything but the cluster in Iraq.

Agreed HGJ...for the first time ever I suspect I may find myself going with a third party too.
    But who?

- Janq
    A lot can happen, we have almost 2 years until election time. All these early candidates are getting everyone riled up.
    What I would like to see is a Republican standing for real Conservative values. I think that is why we lost so much in the last election. Our people looked like Democrates did in the previous election. No real stance on anything. Kerry always had a "plan" to solve everything but he could never tell you what his plan really was. Republicans are walfyling on every issue these days. Let's hope at least one of them will get some backbone between now and the election.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links