ATF Form 1 in Houston

ATF Form 1 in Houston

This is a discussion on ATF Form 1 in Houston within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am having a heck of a time finding out who to contact for Box 13 (Chief Law Enforcement Officer Signature. Can anyone put me ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ATF Form 1 in Houston

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

ATF Form 1 in Houston

I am having a heck of a time finding out who to contact for Box 13 (Chief Law Enforcement Officer Signature. Can anyone put me in the right direction?

Whoever your elected Sheriff is ... ?
    "If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting - how many times was that?"

"You cannot control the Enemy. You can control yourself. The Victory lies within."

I would go with Chief James Nowak of the Willis PD if you reside within the city limits. If not, the Montgomery County Sheriff.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Head toward your local PD or sheriffs office. The signature is not certifying his approval, just that no local laws prohibit it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon at large.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    I am having a heck of a time finding out who to contact for Box 13 (Chief Law Enforcement Officer Signature. Can anyone put me in the right direction?
    OK, I see from your location that you list Willis TX. Start there. Go to the police station and ask the chief to sign. He may refuse for any number of reasons but should be able to point you to where in your area others have gotten CLEO certifications. Usually, this will also be the place you will take your wet finger print cards for printing.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    OK, I see from your location that you list Willis TX. Start there. Go to the police station and ask the chief to sign. He may refuse for any number of reasons but should be able to point you to where in your area others have gotten CLEO certifications. Usually, this will also be the place you will take your wet finger print cards for printing.
    He (She) has no grounds to refuse to sign. It is not for his "approval," just that the manufacture of the item is not illegal per state/local laws.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon at large.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post

I no longer live in Willis but Tomball. Tomball said they would not help me because I don't live in their city limits. Precinct 4 Constables office told me to contact Harris county sheriffs office and a clerk said her sergeant said the sheriff wouldn't sign it because the weapon is illegal. I am calling BS.

Adrian Garcia is the man to see.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    He (She) has no grounds to refuse to sign. It is not for his "approval," just that the manufacture of the item is not illegal per state/local laws.
    I no longer live in Willis but Tomball. Tomball said they would not help me because I don't live in their city limits. Precinct 4 Constables office told me to contact Harris county sheriffs office and a clerk said her sergeant said the sheriff wouldn't sign it because the weapon is illegal. I am calling BS.
    and ain't that a pickle. legal or not, correct or not, the Sheriff might as well be Senator Fienstien. you are likely completely in the correct side of things, legally.

but are you going to hire a lawyer to FORCE that guy to sign? yuck. sorry bro.
    "If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting - how many times was that?"

"You cannot control the Enemy. You can control yourself. The Victory lies within."

I might just call Willis PD. My uncle used to be an officer there.

If this is something specifically mentioned in PC 46.05 refer them to (c)

VIP Member
    ...Precinct 4 Constables office told me to contact Harris county sheriffs office and a clerk said her sergeant said the sheriff wouldn't sign it because the weapon is illegal. I am calling BS.
    Are you proposing to make a Class III or NFA Firearm or something?
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Just an sbr

Lead Moderator
    Most clerks dont have a clue. Dont worry about what they say.
    hogdaddy likes this.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

No help there. Have to live in the city limits. What is the big deal? Why is this so difficult? I should just have to send in a current passport photo, a photo copy of my ID and CHL. I just got off the phone with Spring Guns and Ammo and they want $250 + the $250 for the tax stamp to "allow me" to own a rifle with a barrel shorter than 16"! I don't post on here very often anymore so I'm not afraid of being banned or receiving a oh my God an infraction but this is total crap. Our "elected" officials who are public servant's by the way get to dictate to us what they personally regulate what we can or can't have? Even the federal corrupt government gives us more liberties than piss ant local elected officials. Sorry for my rant but this is Texas damn it! When a police chief, local constable and a county sheriff dont defend our 2nd amendment we are in serious trouble. I filled out the ATF form 1 form, got my money order (made a photo copy of my Texas DL and my Texas CHL) and still get these jerks to cooperate with the LAW am now taking on a new cause. I plan on contacting newly elected Governor Greg Abbotts office to gile a citizens complaint about every agency that pushed me away and lied about the law to prevent me from going through the proper channels to legally obtain what I was willing to pay for but not Constitutionally required to do. All I can say to you elected officials is you better have plenty of money for your next election. I will stand outside polling places and let them know where you stand. Mr. Abbott or his staff will have there hands full of phones fielding my calls and all others I can recruit. You buracrats just sent this very hardheaded man on a mission!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links