My Brass N Not Your Brass

This is a discussion on My Brass N Not Your Brass within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It was on another forum that I ran into a interesting thread of someone who reloads and saves their Mt's. They had loaded some new ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Brass N Not Your Brass

My Brass N Not Your Brass

It was on another forum that I ran into a interesting thread of someone who reloads and saves their Mt's. They had loaded some new brass N when done went to pick them up only to have some range low life heading them off at the pass.

The response to their protest was that once on the floor it was public domain N you snooze you loose.

My reply was that New brass cost about $80 per 500 N this is theft dial a 911 on them.

So have any of you had a similar issue someplace, and how did you Handel it?
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

2. Remove Ads

his brass til he's gone, or til other asks if he minds. he owns the ammo, ALL the ammo, til he forfeits verbally or by abandonment, IMHO

+1! Brass is your to pick until you pack up and leave. Although I try to pick them up periodically as I go...

Distinguished Member
    The "hit the ground" rule only applies to food and dogs and only if I am not hungry.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Usually at my range people are respectful enough to ask if they can have it. At the range your talking about, I'd make em mad and shoot alot of Wolf or CCI ammo.
    A LTTLE TRAINING IS A DANGEROUS THING ....

It's kind of rude to pick up someone else's brass while he is shooting without asking first. After the shooter leaves it should be ok

If I drop my Wallet or Keys on the floor they still my Keys an Wallet ain't they? Nuff said. People got a lot of nerve sometimes making up their own rules. Heck... and you got a gun! Fools.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I have had people sweep behind me and throw my brass into the bin. I know they think they are being helpful, but it really torques me. I dig through the bins until I have what I came with.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

VIP Member
    cphilip's wallet and keys answer is probably the best one. Some greedy knucklehead is making up the rules as he goes along to get what he wants.

Once someone leaves or asks, then it's OK. But not just because it hit the ground...
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    ... and you got a gun! Fools.
    So shoot them over spent brass?

Some ranges have signs that say no picking up brass, they want you to leave it on the floor and they will sweep it up. Part of that reason is so no one will venture out in the lanes after brass.

This is one of the reasons I prefer to go shoot in the hills, then I get all my brass. I lay down a tarp for my brass to land on.

I'd be really ticked off if someone started sweeping up my moonclips. 'Nuff said, it's mine until I leave.

Biker

Never had that problem. If someone was stealing my brass I'd just inform the board and the member would not be a member long.
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

Quote Originally Posted by briansmech View Post
    his brass til he's gone, or til other asks if he minds. he owns the ammo, ALL the ammo, til he forfeits verbally or by abandonment, IMHO
    Agreed.

Either the other guy is an ass, and there are many of those people walking the earth, or the brass for the two persons became intermingled which can and does happen.
    Even if this was the case though, intermingling, the picker upper guy stillshould have recognized that he is/would be collecting brass foreign to him as shot by his 'neighbor' and thus should ask for transfer of ownership rather than assume it.
    Walk over and notify the RO or as mentioned earlier submit a complaint to your membership director or board.

The world is up to our neck with a***oles and elbows.

- Janq
    Last edited by srfl; February 15th, 2007 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Language!
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

That's why I shoot in my backyard!!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links