Guns left out at night or when you're out

This is a discussion on Guns left out at night or when you're out within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My carry gun, a 1911, is stashed in a stragic position when I am home during the day, at night it goes under my mattress. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guns left out at night or when you're out

My carry gun, a 1911, is stashed in a stragic position when I am home during the day, at night it goes under my mattress. Holstered on my bedframe is a Browning Hi Power just next to a Rem 870 w/ #4 buckshot. When I leave the house, the carry is with me and the two bedroom firearms go in the safe for a nap. I live alone and do not want to come home some day and be looking down the barrel of my own gun in some BG's hand. I am working on training my cat to use the guns to defend the castle but to date he is not too cooperative.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Actualy in the normal course of events around my house there are multiple guns in the dining room alone , ( i work there some ) mostly dis assembled , or in various stages of repair, but some functional . All are unloaded and none have mags, mag tubes , ect where possible . An attny bud of mine accuses me of " hunting over a baited field " on the issue . I do live in small town america where everyone knows my background , and has seen me either assist or train the local LE. As i understand it , my place is to be avoided because " you never know if he is home or not , and that crazy sob will shoot you sooner than look at you " .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    If she's not 'on your waist' you put her in the safe?
    Haven't you ever heard of a "safe queen"??

Some day I'm planning on getting one of these:
    http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.asp...8588&TabID=137

but for now I use one of these, too (for the handgun that is NEVER unloaded):

You Lock Up Your Wife Too?

Quote Originally Posted by gddyup View Post
    If it's not on my waist or within my reach, it's locked up in my Gun-Vault. Same with my wife. As long as I have my handgun within reach at all times, I have an avenue that enables me to fight my way to my shotgun. In my home right now with my young boys, that's the safest way to go.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Guns All Around...No Kids...

I have two safes...pistols and ammo in the short one (now about 500#'s), and long guns and ammo in the tall one (800 #'s).

When home, there is either a pistol on my person or within 2'...several others are in places around the house.

When gone, everything not on my person is in a safe.

At night, the 125# Rhodesian and his girlfriend are the early alert warning system...

We sleep very well!

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Personally, I cant sleep at night if I know I have left out a gun somewhere other than my peashooter and shotgun.
    I am the same way. I wouldn't chance having loaded weapons anywhere besides near me.
    Beretta 92FS

Administrator
    Like redneck, I always have a project or two going on in my workshop, aka "the skunkworks". I am O/C about puting away a harmless stripped down, missing parts gun. It just bothers me.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links