Scopes

This is a discussion on Scopes within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thank you all for your replies to my Handgun Hunting thread. It was most informative and I've made my decision after carefully considering what each ...

Thread: Scopes

Scopes

Thank you all for your replies to my Handgun Hunting thread. It was most informative and I've made my decision after carefully considering what each and every one of you has said,

Now I am hoping to intrude upon your kindness once more and ask about a scope. Does anyone know about a Holo sight and if it would be appropriate for a 44 Mag? I plan to shoot most shots within 75 yards but 150 yards will be a maximum shot for me.

Biker

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I'll share my experience with the EOTech Holosight... I LOVE IT. Within 75yds, you'll be able to drive tacks. The sight is bright (but can be lowered down to near-nothing if the situation requires), rugged, has a VERY long battery life, is extremely quick to pick up, and has a small enough "dot" to allow for pretty accurate shooting.

Again, I have no experience with one on a handgun, but LOTS of experience on carbines/submachine guns out to 150m or so, and I find them infinitely better than iron sights, and significantly better than other "red dot" type optics. YM, of course, MV.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member
    Just be aware of your local game laws. In Idaho, electronic sights of any type, are illegal to hunt with. I used a leupold 2X eer with heavy duplex on my Ruger Super Blackawk 44 mag, but with my old eyes I couldn't use that now. I do have a 2x scout luepold in ier (I can see those crosshairs ok for some reason) on my Marlin 336 guide gun. I have a holo on my SHTF Ruger mini 30 carbine and it works great for me.

Please check your hunting regs.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Ummmm. Pistol scopes I have for sale... Burris 2X and a Lep 4X.

Links