Defensive Carry banner

Finally got to shoot it.

939 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Steve48 
#1 ·
Finally – two, maybe three weeks after bringing it home – I got to shoot my .40 M&P.

I pulled a few hours Auxiliary Police duty and one of the firearms instructors was shift supervisor. That means – if no calls – Range time.

At about 17 yards out I got some decent grouping considering how long it’s been since I’ve shot at all and considering my first time with the M&P – no props to lean on – just free standing.
Those 15 round mag’s are great. I bought an extra one so I can have two extra’s on the duty belt.

Of course I let the other guys try it out too. All positive comments. One other officer liked it so much he said he’s gonna see if the local gunshop I got mine from will take his present pistol in for trade\credit toward his purchasing an M&P for himself.

Now I’m tempted to let my S&W CS45 go (sell it) to get the M&P Compact 40.

Everyone who shot it kept on about how good it was.

Just thought I’d pass this on.

See less See more
#2 ·
Two to three weeks?? Sheer torture. It's hard for me to wait a few days.

I'm glad the M&P worked out for you.

#8 ·
I was fully prepaired to dislike them ( thinking they were a repacked sigma ) untill i got a chance to handle them . I came away super impressed. There is no dobut in my mind that if i carryed a double stack for ccw that would be it . I even hit my smith rep up for a single stack ccw versoin , but i sincerely dobut anything will come of it lol .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.