G21 Post Kaboom Range Report

This is a discussion on G21 Post Kaboom Range Report within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My EDC found it's way home, About a month after sending it off to Glock, It came back home. There was a message at home ...

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

My EDC found it's way home, About a month after sending it off to Glock, It came back home. There was a message at home Friday night that it was in, Sat I went and picked it up. That trip also gave me a little tidbit on Va law, but that is for another thread.

My old Gen1 frame is gone for good, I now have I guess a Gen3, finger grooves, and acc rail. I was overjoyed when I tried it, and the new railed frame fit right into my Cochise Defender. It didn't really look bigger, I guess the already pretty wide frame, didn't need to get any bigger to accept the rail.

Shooting, Just like I remembered, It did surprise me with one mishap during the first mag, but that was the only one in about 120 rounds. More to come next weekend. That is far better than the COLT 1911 I had borrowed, but that also is for another thread.

Glock treated me exceptionally well, the gave me a new frame, with all new parts, even went through the slide and replaced the firing pin, and a whole list of other items, and a new 13 rnd mag to boot.

One happy camper here.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Lead Moderator
    So did you need to re register the gun, or did they serial # the frame to your original gun? Glad ya got it back, were treated well and it fits your holster.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I did have to do the background check, the new frame has a new # on it. Now I don't match. Booo Hisss.

But then, I'm not worried about resale, and Chrome don't make it run faster.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

VIP Member
    Glad it's back and working for you. Enjoy, but please don't kaboom another one. We like having you around and you might not be so fortunate the next time.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I'm sure you posted about the original KaBoom, but I missed it. Do you have a link to that thread or can you re-tell the story here?

Having just bought a G23 I am a little interested in the whole KaBoom experience. I do not want that to happen to my 23 so it is ONLY factory ammo, no reloads and no non-jacketed bullets for her.

It still does worry me a bit though, I will admit.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Mike, here is the original Kaboom link.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Glad ya got it back and its working

Well they certainly looked after you and in a timely manner too.
    I always say that with tools you get what you pay for and that extends to the warranty too, Glock are good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    Having just bought a G23 I am a little interested in the whole KaBoom experience. I do not want that to happen to my 23 so it is ONLY factory ammo, no reloads and no non-jacketed bullets for her.

It still does worry me a bit though, I will admit.
    The 40 is the most previlant round in reguards to Kaboom's with Glock, which looks like what you have, but as long as you shoot factory ammo, and don't repeatadly "slam home" the slide on the same round which could increase the operating pressure inside the round.

My Kaboom was due to my own error at the reloading bench. Take the barrel out of the gun, drop a round into the chamber, and look at the wall of the shell casing on the feed ramp side, that is where the problem occurs. Some people buy an after market barrel to reduce the amount of exposure of the shell casing, as long as you stick with factory ammo, you should be fine.

Reloading is something that has to be done when you have 100% attention on what you are doing. It seems I have replied to quite a few posts on different forums regarding reloading mishaps, from squibs to blowing things up. I only reload when I am by myself, no radio, no tv, no kids, just 100% concentration at the task at hand. Glad Glock took care of you, because it doesn't sound like they had any responsibility to do so. My Glock has digested 98% reloaded ammo over 10 years and I have never had a problem, I also only reload FMY and JHP's, no lead goes down my autos, I do have about 5,000 HBWC for the 38's though.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Links