The Endless Day at the "Range" (Pics) - Page 2

The Endless Day at the "Range" (Pics)

This is a discussion on The Endless Day at the "Range" (Pics) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey SixBravo...thaks for sharing your day & the photos. Great thread....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Endless Day at the "Range" (Pics)

Administrator

Thumbs up

Hey SixBravo...thaks for sharing your day & the photos. Great thread.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Glock View Post
    So why do you prefer these targets... if you don't mind me asking?
    When doing slow singles or doubles, you have time to practice placing shots inside the COM lines and you can see them easily. As you progress through the day, and you begin shooting faster and in different drills, you mind automatically moves the barrel to the location you have been shooting all day.... and you no longer see the COM lines! You can still score yourself fairly well and the combo of thin lines and camo force you to shoot more instinctively under pressure.

I know I did a poor job of explaining that, but try some of their targets and start the day slow and move to speed drills.... youll notice what I'm talking about.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Is Range Day A Good Day?

Well...
    A bad day at the range is better than a good day fishing...
    A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work...

You do the math...

Nice pic's...looks like a great place to shoot!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I remember when I lived in CA many years ago. We had to plan shooting days, we would load everything into a truck and drive out in the middle of the desert. We wouldn't come home until we shot everything. Good thing we never got pulled over with all those guns and thousands of rounds of ammo, could have really scared a LEO!!! Now we just go out in the backyard, boy the things we take for granted. Your pics brought back a lot of good memories. Between shooting I would pick up brass. I still have never paid for brass. You don't find shooting areas like that back here where I live. Many of those places were being closed because folks were using them for dumps and a place to dump stolen cars. The cars made for fun plinking though!!!
    Glad you had a good safe day.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    You can kind-of see it here:
    There was a great place to shoot near my parent's home in northern Idaho, that was until the city got tired of all of the broken TV's, glass, beer bottles, and other crap that people would leave at the "range". Now that it is gone, people are complaining that they have no local place to shoot... duh. Not many of the TV shooting complainers ever gave much thought to the future of our range given their abuse of the land.

It looks like your "range" is plagued with the same guys that mine was plagued with. I'd suggest a clean up with the idea of keeping your place open to use. It could happen in your neck of the woods, too.
    America should have license to carry "children" laws...

Mooo

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    We do the Good Gun Cleanup every year and this is one of the spots. It gets detroyed and littered and every year we take a day and clean out the whole place. Not much point in picking up the brass though, it never lasts long. I've seen guys up there just picking up brass and never shooting a thing.

This is one of three outdoor areas we clean each year. Part of shooting is being responsible. :)
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Good for you guys. I have a local range just minutes from my home, but when I go visit my family up north, I now need to drive about 60 miles to go shoot anything bigger than a pellet gun (more than 1-2 times) ... it used to be about 15 miles. Yup, cleaning up after oneself is important.
    America should have license to carry "children" laws...

Mooo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links