Shooting Range Membership Costs - Page 2

Shooting Range Membership Costs

This is a discussion on Shooting Range Membership Costs within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; $150/yr which I paid nadda. Free rental of all house guns which includes fully auto's and one pruchase at cost per year. 10% of house ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    $150/yr which I paid nadda. Free rental of all house guns which includes fully auto's and one pruchase at cost per year. 10% of house ammo, but I buy from Wally World anyways.
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

I paid $119.00 for a year at the local dealer/indoor range. This permits me and up to four guests unlimited time. The only downside is this range is about 14 miles from where I live, while the range about 1 mile away from home is $250.00 per individual membership per year. There is really no difference in quality of the facilities, etc., so I really don't mind the drive.... especially considering after I finish shooting I get to check out all the new goodies that have come in to the store the last week.
    "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice; ammo is cheap, life is expensive."

Lead Moderator
    Now I don't feel to bad. Mine is an outdoor range about an hour away, and runs $150 a year.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Local indoor range is $280 per year for individual and $290 per year for family. No discounts for special classes and membership is currently capped at 2000 members.

The club where I'm the President is $135 per year individual with a one-time initiation fee of $135. The special classes break down as a percentage of the Individual Membership like this:

Family 150%
    Senior 50%
    Student 50%
    Youth 25%

-Scott-

Am I the only one that goes out to the desert and shoots for free...?

No range rental fee.
    No yearly club membership fee.
    I have my own safety rules.
    I am the range staff.
    I can draw, move, engage multiple targets and even do John Woo SWAT rolls if I want to.
    I dont have others pointing guns at me.
    There are no gang bangers.
    No keys or combos to the gate.
    I can bring/shoot any gun I want.
    No addtnl fee for friends/family.....they can SWAT roll too.
    There is no 30 year buildup of lead dust to breath.
    Did I mention its free and nobody points guns at me...??

Family FREE
    Senior FREE
    Student FREE
    Youth FREE
    Brad B.

1952 - 2006
    I'm with you AZG23, Here in Las Vegas the desert is always available however, civilization is encroaching and shooting areas are getting limited and farther away.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

I'd go shoot for free, but every time I've tried one of the 'regular' spots out here without driving an hour into the lava flats I've had more guns pointed at me, more idiots drinking, more serious problems than I've ever had at our range here. I have no restrictions on what I shoot or how I shoot as long as it's in a safe direction - in the berm, that's almost 270 degrees. If I wasn't built like a lineman, I could even SWAT roll...heck, the local LEOs do. ;0

Most of the locals scoff at paying for the range membership, cheap as it is - and I thank them for it. It's a weeder.

VIP Member
    Sorry, no desert here in Virginia that I know of.

Nearest state facility (free) is three hours away. Given the fuel my rig would burn there and back, the fee for my local range is a bargin. Especially with $2 a gallon fuel.

Can't shoot 50 BMG or bigger at my range, but everything else is ok. Some restrictions on what you can do, but mostly safety rules to keep everyone playing nice with others.

-Scott-

I was a little concerned this thread would go nowhere but it is humming. Good to see guys from VA NV all over the place. AZG23 I would join you in the desert but its a long drive over there. Maybe if I get over that way one day we could shoot a few if you thought that would be OK.
    Take care guys..happy! Happy!
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Lead Moderator
    MI local gun club has $50 membership per year. I would but , we have lots of open and free state owned land to shoot on and few people. Kinda nice living in a small town. Also we have almost a county sized area of Military land that is state owned and open to the public. The air to ground jet range is a nice area to shoot a .50 BMG with lots of safe backstop. Fun to watch F16's and A10's tearing it up too.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by acparmed
    I'm with you AZG23, Here in Las Vegas the desert is always available however, civilization is encroaching and shooting areas are getting limited and farther away.
    I used to go shoot in the desert (in a particular place) alot until I went out there one time and found someone had trashed the place with spent cases, old targets, 5 gallon cans, broken bottles and a number of other things used as targets and found the place posted. We always made it a point to clean up after ourselves. Many of the desert shooting areas are starting to dry up with houses being built close or being posted. I have even heard of some recent problems of people shooting on state and federal land getting run off. I don't believe you are allowed to shoot on US Forest Service land any more like you used to be able to. I hate the encroachment of "civilization".
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Several nice ranges here in Denver. I go to one close by that has a nice carpeted underground range for both pistol & rifle beneath the gunshop!
    $150 a year + 15% all merchandise including firearms.

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke45
    Several nice ranges here in Denver. I go to one close by that has a nice carpeted underground range for both pistol & rifle beneath the gunshop!
    $150 a year + 15% all merchandise including firearms.
    Ohhhh, I have been to that range but forget the name. I lived in Denver from 1982 to 1990. Isn't it just south of Lakewood?
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

yup.....Im getting encroached upon at my latest spot..I'll jsut move farther out ! LOL!

45...anytime...as long as you can do a SWAT roll..nah, just kiddin'...

I take my own wooden stands and carboard targets, and take out what I brought in....I hate the trash as well...people just cant take responsibility for themselves.
    Brad B.

1952 - 2006
    When I go to the desert I also take my own target stands. I have found the cheapest and simplest target stands are made of PVC, with TEEs and Elbows you can put them together and disassemble them in seconds and they only cost a couple of bucks apiece to make. Just info for anyone who wants to make some.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links