Shooting Range Membership Costs - Page 3

Shooting Range Membership Costs

This is a discussion on Shooting Range Membership Costs within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is mine... 2x4's and 1x2's....they sport IDPA cardboard targets now. Ive got 4 currently..and have been shooting at these particular ones for about 8 ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Here is mine...

2x4's and 1x2's....they sport IDPA cardboard targets now. Ive got 4 currently..and have been shooting at these particular ones for about 8 years. Im getting ready to build 4 more for more fun.

Brad B.

When I was a young-un in Southern Indiana limestone country we use to go out in the old quarries and shoot, back in those days no one seemed to care, but for the last 20 years or so things have been tightened down.

Now here in SE Missouri I own 90 acres, just behind the house is a valley, I have a 325 yard rifle range and with a bit of bush hogging this spring I should be able to go 400 yards. The pistol range is set up firing into the side of the ridge which is 30-50 feet high and runs along the side of the valley for 300 yards. My land, I shoot anything any way I want, I will sometimes set up targets along the side of the valley and shoot at them as I drive past in my Bronco.

I'll be training the wife this summer and I am going to set up some barricades, walls with windows and doors, might even try to find an old car to have her practice shooting from inside a vehicle.

I use the PVC target holders, and since I don't have to move them, I make the legs on the ground rather short and fill with cement to keep from tipping over.
    Last edited by F350; March 1st, 2005 at 12:05 PM.

So OK F350, you see CA plates zipping down your range its OK!!! Nice setup F350 enjoy it while you can, very nice and thanks for keeping the thread going. My goal is to have people get an idea about shooting costs in the USA.
    AZG23, looks something like mine I built 2 and my partner made 2. I did order the targets for backing from a place here in LA and my friend copied paper staple on targets. They work real good and he is quick to point out when I blast one of the uprights. Nice stands.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Ohhhh, I have been to that range but forget the name. I lived in Denver from 1982 to 1990. Isn't it just south of Lakewood?
    Yea Bumper...it's changed hands since then and has been completely remodeled. Even has kitchen and sittin' room with couches for snackin' & socializin' between rounds. Only about 15 min from house!

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

Senior Moderator
    My range is 25 per year/35 for family membership.

We have a covered 200 yard range, and a covered 100 yard range. We have a covered pistol range with all kinds of neat little gadjets to shoot.

No restrictions, I shoot my .50 BMG there.

Our dues went up this year, 5 bucks. I'd be pissed except I havent actually paid dues for years since I teach CCW classes at the range...and its 50 bucks a pop for the range.
    Today I taught a class with 27 students and 12 requals. Requals are 25 bucks. While there one of our members sold Ribs (all you can eat) for 8 bucks. With the 300$ worth of ribs, that would be a total of 1950 bucks made today.

That makes the land payment(40acres) keeps up the targets and the road to it with good gravel(1/2 mile long) and all of the other expenses.

We'll do this several times a year. By doing this, it pretty well pays the expenses for the range. We currently have 200 members in the club. You can shoot anyday during daylight hours and its never crowed, often you will be the only one there.

ACP, did you know SLOAN is now closed for shooting???

~A

Quote Originally Posted by acparmed
    I'm with you AZG23, Here in Las Vegas the desert is always available however, civilization is encroaching and shooting areas are getting limited and farther away.
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

HotGuns, your range description and frendly members make me feel like moving there!!! That has got to be one of the better shooting places in the the USA. I believe thats all a shooter is looking for, reasonable rates, reasonable treatment and a chance to shoot in a class once in a while. Keep up the good work where ever you are and let everyone know we envy them just a little. Kindness does go a long way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

I dont know how much the membership fees are at the range I frequent. There are two, one gets a discount ($3 per half hour, vs $5), and the other is no charge for time, IIRC its about $200. IIRC you get a 3 month membership (cheaper rangetime, not free) with the purchase of a firearm.

Indoor range. 25 yards. Pistol calibers only.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    I'm in central florida , west coast.
    outdoor county range is $6.00 all day. It's slow fire (1 rd. per sec) and not far from me.
    Indoors a private range, max distance is 25 yards. $10.00 membership and $12.00 a session that lasts as long as your hand will hold up.

Aint' life grand

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

I came across the NRA range fees and was happy to see they give discounts to Law Enforcement and also to Military. Now if we could only get local ranges to go along with this idea it would be nice.

http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/nrahqrange/fees.asp
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    First year: $35, every following year: $20

There's a clubhouse (shack) a shooting bench and a target backer. No one is ever there except for on weekends. I can draw from holster, shoot on the move, whatever, mainly because no one is ever there. It suits me.

Here in east Texas, our local range is oudoor on about 200 acres. Has two, 12 position pistol only ranges, two rifle only ranges (200 yrs & 500 yds), a skeet/trap range and we just opened a new clubhouse. It's open 24 hours/7 days a week (gated and controled by an electronic card issued to members). All ranges are lighted and the shooting areas covered. Annual fee is $50 and must be active member of the NRA.

http://etrpc.com/

DC Founder
    Now THAT's a good deal!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

outdoor range - run by the Ohio Dept of Nat'l Resources 1/2hr away:
    Rifle, pistol, and skeet

$ 5.00 / visit or $24.00 1 yr membership

indoor range - privately owned 3/4 hr away:
    rifle, pistol, and skeet (outdoors)

$ 150 / yr - free access on Tuesdays
    $ 10 /vist for members
    $ 15 /visit for non-members
    $10 handgun rental fee per piece
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

My situation is that the only range near me about a five minute drive, seems to be a bit bias. Most here, know that I am black,but my thing is we are all in this together. I can remember a few months ago when I went up to ask how much it would cost to shoot. Now mind you I took my CCW training at the out door range and felt somewhat uncomfortable then.

However, I decided I did want to continue driving an hour to shoot so I would try them out. Well, I pulled up and began to ask about prices. Well, the response and body language I got signaled for me to leave. I just don't feel like being shot on accident, you know what I mean. Yes, range prices and people that run them and be a little wild, but like myself I have decided to drive an hour and pay the price in gas and range time to stay sharp.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links