Shooting Range Membership Costs - Page 4

Shooting Range Membership Costs

This is a discussion on Shooting Range Membership Costs within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello BlueLion I do not know where you are but I would be proud to shoot with you. Please note I said with not at. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shooting Range Membership Costs

Hello BlueLion
    I do not know where you are but I would be proud to shoot with you. Please note I said with not at. It is a shame that this type of BS still goes on.
    Philip L. McCleary
    Security via CCW
    and a lot of practice
    Dispatchers have the best jobs
    we tell the police where to go and they have
    to do it. Policy manual says so.

de N4LNE

My range here in Kalifornia is 8.00 a go and 99.00 for a year. I don't feel it is unfair at all. The amount of good times and great people I have met there is priceless.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

BlueLion where do you live? Man at our range color is not even an issue. I have shot with black, red, and even wheelchair boud people. I guess that is about the only thing good about California is that everyone is accepted.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

my range is free. that's what you get when you have a family farm. the pay range here is over $100 a year with a $200 plus first time fee. they only take a few new members each year.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    My situation is that the only range near me about a five minute drive, seems to be a bit bias. Most here, know that I am black,but my thing is we are all in this together. I can remember a few months ago when I went up to ask how much it would cost to shoot. Now mind you I took my CCW training at the out door range and felt somewhat uncomfortable then.

However, I decided I did want to continue driving an hour to shoot so I would try them out. Well, I pulled up and began to ask about prices. Well, the response and body language I got signaled for me to leave. I just don't feel like being shot on accident, you know what I mean. Yes, range prices and people that run them and be a little wild, but like myself I have decided to drive an hour and pay the price in gas and range time to stay sharp.
    I honestly don't know you or where you are located, but it is truly sad that we still have this crap in 2006! I had someone ask me a minority question (don't recall detail) a few years ago about my club. Since I had attended a number of the New Member Orientation sessions, I was able to answer the person (who was concerned that he might not be accepted). When I had to think about it, it was interesting to note that out of a new member orientation of ~30-35 new folks/month there were on average a real mixed bag of white, black, Asian, male, female and some Hispanics. I've never seen any signs of any bigotry at this club, and for that I am very thankful.

But, I agree with you that if you get bad vibes from a place, best to go elsewhere. Good luck!

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    our rod n gun club just opened this year took about five to get it opened because of a large hippy population that say guns are baaaaaaaaaaaddddd (sheepl ) our only biase is hippys no flower power. lol blue come on up would be glad to shoot with you. 75 dollars a year we have a club house ect 150 to join we dont have lights yet but are working on it. would have a far better facilaty if we hadnt had to pay a lawer so much but he is a member and we just had to cover court cost.the indoor in chico is kinda pricey and there is an outdoor in oraville that is free out to 600 yards no bmgs sorry to say theres always state blm land about 30 minutes up the mountian

I was just at a range in Virginia yesterday where I learned that they are closing out their membership effective 22 May. One can still sign up for $280/yr individual and $290 family. When they re-open for membership in July the price will go up to over $400/yr. I'm looking around for less expensive ranges which means farther out from where I live...like Quantico Shooting range or somewhere in Fredericksburg. No idea how much they charge. I will have to justify the cost since price of gas has also gone up.
    Colt Combat Commander M1991A1
    Colt .38 Super
    S&W Model 60
    Sig P225 W. Germany/Herndon, VA
    HK USP .40 Compact

"Self defense is a law of necessity." VA Self Defense Law

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    The range where I am a member of the fees run $40 a year for use both inside and
    outside ranges.Just went up five dollars!I guess we have to deal with it not bad when I compare it to what everyone else is paying.The advantages of living in Maine.

Bumper- What outdoor range are you talking about?
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links