A VERY Real Question.............

This is a discussion on A VERY Real Question............. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ***This post is NOT advocating violence towards anyone*** (and sorry ahead of time if this has been asked) Lets all look at recent history, New ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A VERY Real Question.............

Question A VERY Real Question.............

***This post is NOT advocating violence towards anyone*** (and sorry ahead of time if this has been asked)

Lets all look at recent history, New Orleans, LA.
    Its total SHTF and all you have to rely on for defending yourself and perhaps any children you may have. (I guess the wife is optional) j/k

The Police are up the street taking firearms away from law abiding folks.

Do you roll over like a little b***h, or actually fight and maybe die for your rights?
    Let me hear the real truth.

My answer, if it wasn't a whole company of them. Yes, I would fight and then get the hell out of there (if I survived and didnt have a family).

Remember, if a policeman is violating your rights only because "That's what he was ordered to do" That excuse didn't work for Nazi party members during the Nuremberg trails.
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

2. Remove Ads

They will most likely kill me if I resist, no matter if I am right or wrong. There are more of them than me, they are better armed.
    I would let them take all they can prove I have and/or find.
    The rest are mine.

bae
    I don't live in a place where that would be likely to happen.

Administrator
    Hmm, a lot depends on a lot of factors. In the case of N.O., I think it was more of a random "knock and talk" deal. Did they go to specific homes that they knew were armed or did the just go door to door asking people if they had any guns? If happened as I understand it did, I would just say I have no guns and away they go. But, if it went further than that, then yes I would fight.
    It’s also a fight I know I will not win. One man and his personal stash will lose eventually. I would do everything to avoid the fight first, including fleeing if possible. My first and foremost responsibility is to take care of my family; I would imagine that it’s hard to do from 6 feet under.
    Last edited by SIXTO; February 23rd, 2007 at 10:12 AM. Reason: I wrote this when I was half asleep, many errors fixed.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My armory would be hidden.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    ***This post is NOT advocating violence towards anyone***
    The Police are up the street taking firearms away from law abiding folks. Yes, I would fight and then get the hell out of there (if I survived and didnt have a family).
    Going up the street to fight the police action ... Actually, that is dictating violence toward LEO's.

Remember, if a policeman is violating your rights only because "That's what he was ordered to do" That excuse didn't work for Nazi party members during the Nuremberg trails.
    Didn't work for those who loudly proclaimed their rights to the property, then, either. Dead is dead, and the dead can't resist.

There is more than one way to resist such confiscations. Maintenance of separate caches works very well, in such times. What can't be found can't be confiscated.

Violent, attacking actions against inbound law enforcement or other government agents (no matter how righteous and justified such action might appear at the time) have a limited list of possible outcomes. Short of a large-scale revolutionary stance by a population, it almost always ends up with death/destruction of the individual or small group that is resisting. In such cases, "living to fight another day" becomes a wise alternative plan.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; February 23rd, 2007 at 06:38 AM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Assistant Administrator
    Guys - we are I think as one regarding the NOLA debacle - but please no discussions here on anything illegal, however justified it might seem.

Keep your thoughts private. This is not public forum stuff - here anyways.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Guys - we are I think as one regarding the NOLA debacle - but please no discussions here on anything illegal, however justified it might seem.

Keep your thoughts private. This is not public forum stuff - here anyways.
    Yes, it's amazing how many people post on the internet about possible crimes they'll be committing in the future.

You've got to be more tactful than that.

Does anyone here know how they were choosing the people who's guns were taken ,or how widespread it was. It was a very strange thing, and I've never gotten the whole story.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Assistant Administrator
    I have wondered how choices were made - it seemed in some ways random as many did not get ''the knock''.

The real gut wrencher tho was the old lady who had it seems just her own small revo (.22 likely) - she had it in hand open but then was taken down pretty hard and bruised - so as to grab and take her one means of protection.

In some areas it seemed open season for thugs.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    I have wondered how choices were made - it seemed in some ways random as many did not get ''the knock''.

The real gut wrencher tho was the old lady who had it seems just her own small revo (.22 likely) - she had it in hand open but then was taken down pretty hard and bruised - so as to grab and take her one means of protection.

In some areas it seemed open season for thugs.
    And sadly - revoltingly - some of those thugs were wearing uniforms and acting under orders from the mayor.

I am a big supporter of law enforcement, and always have been. But what happened in NO was an absolute national disgrace.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Administrator

We do not have too many members here that would passively roll over for an illegal and unconstitutional emergency and disaster forced firearm confiscation.

NOLA was a wake up call in more than one way.
    It was also highly informative to Law Enforcement and local government that Emergency Confiscation is never a very good or feasible idea.

It simply does not work and will also be fought on constitutional grounds in the aftermath with legal ramifications.

Many of our members who live in disaster prone areas already have Emergency SHTF strategic plans that are not inclusive of being totally unprotected of "self & family" - I don't know how much more can be said on the subject without crossing over forum regulation guidelines.

CombatCarry is not synonymous with a herd of lemmings or sheep but publicly we exhibit much vocal restraint.
    We are also not really a SHTF!!!Survival type website...though there are plenty of such sites that do exist on the Internet.

Our focus here is primarily on legal domestic carry of self~defensive firearms and topics more related to same.

I should add that New Orleans cannot be held up as the shining example of how Law Enforcement would act in the remainder of the country.
    NO was (and still is) a highly corrupt ill managed worthless crime ridden cesspool of an area that (in my humble opinion) should be sacrificed back to the ocean from whence it morphed and to Hell with rebuilding it...just so the exact same thing can happen all over again at some future point in time.
    Last edited by QKShooter; February 23rd, 2007 at 08:51 AM.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Most states have made it illegal for these confiscations to happen since the whole Katrina fiasco. Doesn't mean it wouldn't still happen, but it might give you another leg to stand on whatever your choices may be.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Administrator
    A little off topic, but I am suprised that the offending parties were not engaged by the citizens during the confiscation.
    I wonder if it was overwelming force used, or if most of the smart people got out before hand.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I wonder if it was overwelming force used, or if most of the smart people got out before hand.
    You hit it on the head. I've met a few folks, here in OKC, that left ahead of things. They had the means and intellect. If you bug-in, be tight-lipped, low-profile, and hard-edged.
    More than a few folks just plain "disappeared", down there. Things were chaotic all-round.......

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links