Defensive Carry banner

fixing some ugly

3K views 44 replies 36 participants last post by  scottync 
#1 ·
several months back I took the finger grooves off my 19 and golf balled the front strap and have carried it that way since then even though I wasn't happy with it.

Tonight I got out my wood burner and went to work, ended up doing the front strap and both sides to blend it all back in. not a real pretty job but it looks better than it did.

See less See more
#9 ·
I learned a little since I first messed with it months ago, I went way to deep getting that golf ball look, you want to make light multiple passes and try to get a kinda tree bark pattern going. I blended out as much of the holes on the front strap as I could without digging in too deep but they are still visible if you look close, still it looks and feels better than it did.

#21 ·
I don't want to bash it so I'll just say the looks are interesting and leave it at that. But of course the proof is in the shooting; if the handling characteristics are improved then it's a win no matter the appearance of it.

#22 ·
Wow rough crowd. It looks fine, carry on.
I did something similar to one of my Gen 2 G19 a few years ago. The gun no longer moved in my hands which is what I wanted.

#30 ·
Nothing can make a glock any uglier than it was from the start. As long as you enjoy working on it, who cares what it looks like. I've never heard the phrase BBQ gun and glock used in the same sentence anyway. Its plastic, no one in their right mind has ever looked at a plastic gun and uttered the words " oooooh, pretty plastic". Enjoy, that's what lifes for.

#31 ·
Carefully the police don't catch you with that. Could be criminal, the way that looks.

#32 ·
No one ever said that's a beautiful Glock or hey dude those are sharp Crocs you're wearing! Form over function FTW!

Reactions: Patti
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.