Springfield XDs 45ACP Shooting High with Truglo TFO Sights.

This is a discussion on Springfield XDs 45ACP Shooting High with Truglo TFO Sights. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I installed a set of Truglo TFO sights on my Springfield XDs .45 and find it shooting about 6" high at 30' Anyone else had ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By flphotog
  • 2 Post By Chandne
  • 1 Post By PhaedrusIV

Thread: Springfield XDs 45ACP Shooting High with Truglo TFO Sights.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

I installed a set of Truglo TFO sights on my Springfield XDs .45 and find it shooting about 6" high at 30' Anyone else had this problem? I have not contacted the company yet thinking it may have been something I might have done incorrectly. I DID use a sight installation tool and not a punch and mallet / hammer. These were, according to Amazon, the correct sight for the pistol. Truglo P/N Truglo TG13XD1A TFX

Thanks in advance for you help!

Diddle
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Solution: Spoke with Tammy today at TRUGLO and she said the sights are set for 75 yards and these are the correct sights for the pistol. I guess that I did not factor in the distance and bullet drop.

I hope this helps someone in the future!

My best!
    Diddle
    NRA Life Member

75 yds for an XDs seems to be a bit of wishful thinking unless it has a much longer barrel then those I've seen. Even then that's a long ways out for what I assume you are using as a carry/self defense gun.
    rocky likes this.
    Member COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Tammy sounds uninformed or this is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a while. A short-barrel pistol needs sights for a 75 yard hit? Yeah, that sounds ridiculous.
    PhaedrusIV and Tundra5.7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chandne View Post
    Tammy sounds uninformed or this is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a while. A short-barrel pistol needs sights for a 75 yard hit? Yeah, that sounds ridiculous.
    Nope. Ya' pick 'em off just as they round the bend, down yonder. That XDS 3.3 is the perfect tool fer it ! As long as you got them TFOs on there, I mean...
    Tundra5.7 likes this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

The more I think of this the more I feel as though the information I received is incorrect. I am going to call back on Thursday and inquire again. I would think that 20 yards is more reasonable. I can make it go where I want it to after a shot or two but that is not the point.

Am I being unrealistic here? If so, tell me. I don't want to get into a hissing match but I think I should see better performance.

Thank you all.

Diddle
    Diddle
    NRA Life Member

Why in the world would anyone want a 45 acp sighted at 75 yds? 75 FEET, ok, 75 YARDS??? I think Tammy was mistaken. I looked on the TruGlo website and it would seem that you have the correct part #, the only one listed for SA XD, XDm and XDs.

VIP Member
    I call bull hocky..... Sounds like a village is desperately missing Tammy
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Dear Mr. Diddle

Thank you for calling with your comments about the Point-of-Impact (POI) being high on your handgun. What we can recommend without having the benefit of speaking with you, is to ensure you are using the correct sight picture when shooting our TFO/TFX sights. With the three green (two yellow and one green) dots in alignment, the front/center dot should be centered on the target. This is considered a “combat-style” sight picture.

Using this sight picture should result in a Point-of-Impact (POI) directly behind the front sight dot at 25 yards. Attached is an illustration of the correct sight picture referenced above. Please shoot your pistol from a solid rest at 25 yards, with two hands, using this sight picture. Your results should be a corrected Point-of-Impact (POI).
    We realize that this may be a different sight picture than some may be accustomed, however we believe that the above sight picture provides the most consistent Point-of-Aim (POA)/ Point-of-Impact (POI) in all shooting conditions, Day or Night.

We appreciate your choosing TRUGLO products.

Shoot safely,

CUSTOMER SERVICE

CORRECT TFX and TFO sight picture.jpg Correct Picture
    INCORRECT TFX and TFO sight picture.JPG Incorrect Picture
    Diddle
    NRA Life Member

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links