SentrySafe

SentrySafe

This is a discussion on SentrySafe within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I found this safe on the Bud'sGunShop website, I need a new safe and this looks like a fine choice. Has anyone got one? Any ...

Thread: SentrySafe

SentrySafe

I found this safe on the Bud'sGunShop website, I need a new safe and this looks like a fine choice.
    Has anyone got one?
    Any other recommendations for something better, cheaper or both?

This one is $549 delivered.

14 long gun maximum capacity
    Solid steel, pry-resistant door 6 mm thick
    5 live-locking bolts and 3 dead bolts
    Concealed hinges
    Hardened steel plate protects lock from drill attack
    Gray carpeted interior
    Ammo box with separate key
    4 Adjustable interior configurations
    Flush floor for easy access
    Floor compartment
    Door back organizational hooks
    Bungee organizational system
    Bolt-down hardware included
    Lifetime, After-Fire Replacement

I've got the cheaper one to store ammo. Thats a nice safe you have

VIP Member
    If you are a member of Sam's Club check them out. They have the same safe delivered for $508.88. Also check out the website for the nearest store and see if they have the "in-club only" Winchester Gun Safe - 60"X30"X22" for $581. Winchester is made by Granite.

Laser Cut Door - Provides the tightest fitting door in the industry
    External Hinges - Adjustable, ball bearing, external hinges allow 180 degrees of door swing, unlike internal hinges that allow approximately 80-85 degrees of door swing
    Door length Dead Locking System - Assures 100% mechanical lock-up of door on the hinge side of the door; this prevents opening of the door even if the hinges are cut off in a burglary attempt
    Shelving and Gun Racks - Medium density fiberboard is used for its strength and machinablility; shelves and gun racks are covered with padded velour fabric to protect your valuables
    Certified Fire Protection-Safe interior does not exceed 350 degrees for 32 minutes when subjected to a 1200 degree fire
    Underwriter Laboratories Listed Burglary Protection-U.L. listed residential security container and gun safe; Winchester safes exceed rigid U.L. test standards
    UL Listed Group 2 Electronic Lock
    12 gauge - thick body construction
    3/16" - thick solid steel door
    Attached Images
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Administrator
    The biggest issue with that safe is the exposed hinges, and lack of locking pins on the hinge side.
    Now that I've said that, I am sure it would keep 99.9% of burglers out.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Nice Looking Safes...

I have two...
    A short Browing (with ammo...500+ lbs...$400), and a tall Liberty (with ammo...700+ lbs...$1,300)...both are tucked away and not easy to get to...

I sleep better now, when away from home...the BG's would need a tag team with dolly's and torches...at least I can slow 'em down!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Talking about safes, My dad moved his insurance business into the same building his great grandfather had his business in a long time ago. As we were ripping the place apart to redo the inside, we found a large safe. maybe 4 foot tall 3 foot wide and about 3 feet deep. It had his great grandfathers name on it in gold leaf. It was heavy as heck. Took us a couple hours to move it about 20 feet. It had a outer door, a inner door with a key lock, then a few doors inside that, that were keyed as well. The only bad thing is, it looked like awhile back, they had to torch some of the very inner doors, and the main locking mechanism is shot. Hes been trying to get the company to send him parts, but its so old, they would basically have to make them from scratch. Still cool to have the history. He has it behind his desk right now, cut a whole in the wall and slid it back into the storage room with just the front in his office. He keeps a few handguns in there as well as ammo for his long guns he has at the "business" (not tall enough for long guns).

I'll try to remember the brand and the year of the thing and post it.

Sponsored Links