Defensive Carry banner

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?

479K views 8K replies 676 participants last post by  demanic 
#1 ·
I did :yup:
The mailman brought me a 30 round magazine for my Beretta CX4, the pocket holster from Concealment Specialties for my Pug, the dry box for my EDC bag, which fits where I want it perfectly and two SS carding brushes from Brownells that were on B/O so long I had forgotten about them.

And later today my 1000 rnds of 147gr subsonic 9mm is due to arrive in the big brown truck.

:danceban:

Anybody else get anything good?

#95 ·
Just a book...

On my 'vacation' (all 5,400 miles or so of it) I found an old book which should be interesting in some regard.

The title is Pistols, Rifles and Machine Guns, by Major W. G. B. Allen, s.a.c. (of the Loyal Regiment). It was published in 1953 and has a forward by the Right Honourable Antony Head - 1st Viscount Head - The Secretary of State for War in the United Kingdom at the time.

The jacket liner says the book "... consists of a straightforward explanation of the principles that govern the mechanisms of small arms." Haven't read it yet, but it should shed some light on earlier thoughts on the subject.

#96 ·
Sounds like a good book.
I haven't gotten anything in... days...
I'm going to head out to the LGS today and remind them I am awaiting that first Ruger Precision to come in. I saw on the Ruger forum where someone picked one up locally at much less than the GB scalpers were asking for them, so they are starting to arrive :danceban:

#102 ·
5,600 Rounds of M22 .22LR delivered today. About 6.6 cents per round delivered. Not great, but the best bulk price I have found since before 2013.

I think I now have enough .22 ammo to last a long, long, long, long time. :image035:

#107 ·
Yeah, I just bought an optics mount for a Galil which was supposed to be aircraft grade Aluminum.
The earlier ones were Aluminum. And according to the description this one WAS Aluminum only it turned out to be Steel.
:mad:
Well, I have no desire to add an additional # and a half to an already fairly heavy rifle.

So....I was going to return it but, I think I will try to skeletonize it.

I should be able to remove about half the weight and still have a strong mount. It's over-built anyway.

And if I mess it up I'll only be out all of my money. :hand5: and...Galil stuff ain't cheap.

#108 ·
Not today...but, as I've posted in another thread, and with the help and suggestion of the folks on this fine forum, I've decided to order a Lee Turret Press. It'll be here tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

#111 ·
Got the new Brownells catalog. It's huge.
What a waste of paper. So much easier on the eyes just to use their site and search function.
So it will go under my case trimmer and last year's catalog will be given to a friend :smile:

#114 ·
Brownell's. I will take their catalog over their web site any old day.
Their web site kinda modestly sucks. It doesn't suck big time but, the physical catalog is much better if you just want to browse and see what is new, different, and interesting.

Reactions: gasmitty
#115 ·
They do have things in their catalog that might not be on their site, so it has a purpose.
I've just lost patience for paper. I can't remember the last time I opened a phone book. Too easy to Google the number of a business rather than figure out what heading it's listed under.
But that's me :biggrin2:

Should be getting a package from Brownells here shortly. I ordered some Redding dies from them for the gun I don't have yet :duh:
I'm good to go on my Dillon because the same shell plate for .45acp and 30-06 works for 6.5CM.

#117 ·
Same shell plate works for 308 also. I have been intrigued by the new Ruger precision rifle as well. You have decided on the 6.5CM which sounds like a very nice caliber. The american rifleman writeup mentioned magazine compatibility as being an advantage. Will you need to modify after market mags to use the 6.5CM? I know the diameter of the case head and cartridge will be the same as 308 so it makes sense but the article mentioned possible modification?
SW

#118 ·
Received speed strips for .38/.357 and .327 magnum and a few extra ammo cans.

Also got a second 18 round mag for a PT111 g2.

Of interest - the speed strips for the .32 can also be used for .223 (according to the packaging). Before seeing it on the packaging I would have never put those 2 rounds together.

#121 ·
Went to the LGS to get some Tru-Glo TFO night sights installed on my new Glock G35. Got the night sights installed and saw a new Colt Delta Elite 10mm 1911 in the display case. It also came home with me.

Reactions: PhaedrusIV
#123 ·
Picked up a new beater gun. Something to carry when I'm out doing the dirty, grimy work that sometimes needs to be done.

A 92FS police trade. Even has still functional factory issued Trijicons. Whatever dept. this came from really put a lot of abuse on the grip, but the slide was well protected. It even has the number 136 engraved on the back strap. Maybe the badge number it was issued to?

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel
Fashion accessory Metal

Under $350 shipped and transfered.

#125 ·
I got the Atlas bipod today that I ordered yesterday.
Came UPS overnight. I had to double check my Amazon order to make sure I didn't accidentally click on overnight and pay an extra 45 bucks or something.
Nope. Free overnight from TX to PA :yup:

Very solid bipod. Not sure it's worth $220, but it sure beats a Harris in stoutness.

#126 ·
Today, I received another set of TractionGrips! This time for my TCP.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk