Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today? - Page 4

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?

This is a discussion on Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It came Friday, but close enough: My new SHTF holster for the CW9. The shipping was too fast or it would have arrived today......

Page 4 of 139 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Like Tree2620Likes

Thread: Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?

It came Friday, but close enough: My new SHTF holster for the CW9. The shipping was too fast or it would have arrived today...

VIP Member
    Gramps had some major problems with 500 reloads he made last week (YOU THINK SQUIB LOADS???). After much problem solving and talking to one of the other guys we shoot with he found it was the powder! It seems that the Unique he used does not feed through his particular powder dispenser reliably. WELL, DUH........

So Granny here took pity on the poor ole' fella and ordered him 1,000 rounds of factory fresh .40 cal. The box arrived today!

And now Gramps has to thoroughly clean out that dispenser so he can start loading more .38 specials for me.
    PAcanis likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I like your choice of using subsonic ammo.147grain ammo goes great in my glock-17.
    PAcanis likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Started reloading myself, that powder dispenser can be tricky business!

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Gramps had some major problems with 500 reloads he made last week (YOU THINK SQUIB LOADS???). After much problem solving and talking to one of the other guys we shoot with he found it was the powder! It seems that the Unique he used does not feed through his particular powder dispenser reliably. WELL, DUH........

So Granny here took pity on the poor ole' fella and ordered him 1,000 rounds of factory fresh .40 cal. The box arrived today!

And now Gramps has to thoroughly clean out that dispenser so he can start loading more .38 specials for me.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    Hoping the defecation never hits the oscillation

Distinguished Member Array vice87's Avatar
    didn't receive anything physically, but I did get in an argument with a guy on a Facebook classified ad trying to sell a used Taurus Millennium Pro (gen 1) w/ some ammo and holster for $475. he refused to believe you could pick up a gen 2 for $200 new online and when presented with the evidence he claimed his was the new generation 3 millennium. oh and he has been a "gun guy" for a long time so he knows what he is talking about. like I told him, "one can lead, but can't make a jackass drink."

that's the only excitement I've had lately.
    I carry because zombies.

I have a problem with Unique in my Dillon, too, SG.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

I rub my powder measures, inside, with anti-static cloth before each use. Flake powders are my nemesis.

Distinguished Member Array Nebraska12's Avatar
    Not yet, but I'm visiting my dad and doing the LGS circuit with him today in his neck of the woods. I may not buy anything but, as he ages, I savor these moments as often as I can. Yesterday we went through his safe and talked guns and hunting all day....great times.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    CIBMike likes this.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'

“The Second Amendment is timeless for our Founders grasped that self-defense is three-fold: every free individual must protect themselves against the evil will of the man, the mob and the state.”
    ― Tiffany Madison

I really need to make a run for some 22 magnum, but I think I'm going to hold off until tomorrow.

I won a leather pocket holster for my Ket Tec . Its type that looks like a wallet in pocket Still not sure about it . My other pocket holsters seem faster to draw from . Have to push that shield out way to get grip . Ive never had a problem with printing in front pocket. Will not carry any gun in rear pocket
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

come visit me at my home www.bersachat.com or http://www.metroarms1911forum.com

1911's forever !!

I hit a couple shops today because I needed some 22 mag ammo. I didn't realize 22 magnum was on the endangered species, too.
    I ended up with some Hornady V-Max, which should substitute for my usual CCI hollow points just as well. Both are 30 gr. And truth be told, I hardly shoot 22 magnum anymore anyway.
    I also ran into some Critical Defense for 22 mag, so bought a box. Might as well give that Pug al the help it can get, lol.

And I also ran into a S&W that fit my hand so well... good price, too, but I want to do a little research before I decide I need it, which I really don't.
    Now if only I could remember the model number...

Picked up some .38 special 158 gr LSWC. That's about it.
    Mike
    I will rarely post, but will read (and hopefully learn) a lot

Senior Member Array highergr0und's Avatar
    I found a pawn shop kind of close to my house that will do transfers for a reasonable fee. Does that count? All the LGS options around here are very proud of their inventory

I got a new HK P30SK for my birthday today with a Crossbreed holster for it and 250 rounds of Federal 124 gr. JHP HST ammo. Also got an Apple watch. I am having more fun with the watch. :)

I got a Nelson holster for my p220 last Saturday. It is a thing of beauty.

Page 4 of 139 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links