Defensive Carry banner

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?

479K views 8K replies 676 participants last post by  demanic 
#1 ·
I did :yup:
The mailman brought me a 30 round magazine for my Beretta CX4, the pocket holster from Concealment Specialties for my Pug, the dry box for my EDC bag, which fits where I want it perfectly and two SS carding brushes from Brownells that were on B/O so long I had forgotten about them.

And later today my 1000 rnds of 147gr subsonic 9mm is due to arrive in the big brown truck.

:danceban:

Anybody else get anything good?

#128 ·
Just picked up the Ruger Precision Rifle!

Well, not just picked up... I picked it up a couple hours ago. I've been busy measuring and combing the web... calling the local Field & Stream... re-reading reviews to see if anybody mentioned the mounts they had to use... basically in panic mode because I neglected to pay attention to the scope mounts I needed. I thought the mounts off my Savage would work. I thought I could just pop the scope off the Savage's rail leaving the mounts attached, then screw it back onto the Ruger's rail all nice and plumb, but the full length picatinny rail on the Ruger does not allow for the scope bell to drop off towards the barrel. I need TALL mounts. So no shooting for me until next week sometime :sad:

No shooting the rifle anyway.
I saw a really nice S&W Model 10 that just had to come home with me while I was at the shop :smile:

#133 ·
Well since this was a Fathers Day thread I'll answer. My oldest ordered me "Gun Digest book of AK and SKS". Well it finally arrived yesterday. When we ordered it 2 weeks before Fathers Day it showed in stock. Well it wasn't. So now I finally have it.

#134 ·
I stopped at my friends LGS just got a hunting license and can of G96 CLP. Was going to get a cleaning kit but they didn't have the one I was looking for in stock. Unfortunately I cannot remember the last time I cleaned my 870. Looking to go dove hunting in September.

Reactions: Eric357
#135 ·
What I got today was a call from the gunsmith, telling me my Wnchester 320 was ready. Ho-hum, right? Well - I had just dropped it off Thursday for a trigger job, and he told me "about three weeks"!

(The last time I left a gun there for some work, "three weeks" turned into three months!)

#145 ·
I bought a 150 round box of bulk 5.56 green-tip. When I separated the bulk into the 50 round trays, I had one round left over...freebie!

Big brown truck is delivering the first of 2 loads of ammo I ordered from Freedom Munitions today (they had a free-shipping special last week). My order was so large that it was split into 2 shipments of 2 boxes each. Those free shipping specials really hit my checkbook hard...

#147 ·
Got 'em! :danceban:

Got the scope positioned for eye relief and the small rail level shimmed to read right.
I just need to check the reticle with a plumb bob and SHOOT IT!
Beautiful day, too. Barely a breeze.

#148 ·
Not firearm related, but I ordered a knife last Saturday that shipped Monday USPS.
Was supposed to get it Thursday, but tracking hasn''t showed a thing since it left Salt Lake City.
So I'm venting. I haven't gotten anything I was expecting. :aargh4:

#154 ·
I just got a FedEx delivery with an odd sized package...
Then after reading the shipping label I remember using a coupon code to order a couple boxes of 22TCM and an extra magazine for the pistol that shoots them.
Now I'll have 35 rounds with me when I'm working out back!

Of course, I haven't needed one round yet... but I'll be ready!

:badguy:

#156 ·
Finally got a couple items:

• An additional Genuine Sig Sauer 15 round magazine for the Sig SP2022

• An inexpensive shoulder holster (DeSantis Patriot) since I haven't made up my mind for which quality product to order

I better make a "final" holster decision soon if I want it delivered this year...

I'm expecting something else tomorrow.

#178 ·