Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today? - Page 6

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?

This is a discussion on Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My buddy has a 357 Sig. I'm hoping to shoot it one of these days to see what it's all about....

Page 6 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast
Like Tree2620Likes

Thread: Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?

My buddy has a 357 Sig. I'm hoping to shoot it one of these days to see what it's all about.

Since this was brought back up today I guess I'll share.

I was down at my LGS today and ended up having them order a CZ P-07 for me. They said it should be in by Monday or Tuesday. And I ordered a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder STX 2.0 which should arrive a few days after that.

They had a few Coonans out; one for rent and one for sale. I'll definitely have to rent one the next time I'm there and see what it's all about, even if buying one is just a pipe dream.
    RebelSoul likes this.

Distinguished Member Array paulinsf's Avatar
    I got my M&P Shield back from the gunsmith after he installed an Apex Tactical S&W Shield Trigger Kit and Replacement Trigger. I took it to the range and it is so nice and smooth now :)

I also got the straw that broke this camel's back after reading this:

San Francisco Supervisor Mark Farrell introduced gun control reforms today that include the videotaping of all gun and ammunition sales in San Francisco and requires firearm dealers to regularly share ammunition sales data with the San Francisco Police Department.

Farrell said he believes that despite the city having some of the strictest gun laws in the country, access to guns and ammunition remains easy and contributes to “senseless violent crime here in San Francisco and across the country.” Gun Control Reform Introduced, Includes Videotaping Sales and Sharing Data with SFPD

I have made up my mind to leave, not only SF, but also California. I can handle the weirdness and political correctness that flies in the face of reality no longer. To wit: read again the second paragraph in the quoted material above. He acknowledges that "some of the strictest gun laws in the country" are not reducing gun violence - so instead of looking for what might help, for example allowing the good guys to arm up, he instead doubles down on strict gun laws. Add his voice to all the others crying for stricter gun control after the tragic shooting of the tourist last week. The are completely ignoring the fact that the gun was stolen out of a LE vehicle, and claim that somehow stronger gun control laws would have prevented the shooting. I am out of here. I already have my sister looking for prospective places to rent near her up in Washington state and plan to be gone within the next 60 days or so. Those little cable cars are going to have to reach halfway to the stars without me. I'll miss the weather, but that's about it.

On a completely different note I stumbled across this news story today too. How not to be a responsible gun owner:

WICHITA, KAN. --- Police are searching for 19 handguns stolen from an apartment complex in east Wichita.

The burglary occurred on the 200 block of Rock Road. The 53-year-old owner says he noticed his weapons were gone two days ago. The last time he had seen them was July 3.

After speaking with his landlord, the man learned maintenance workers had been in his apartment during that 10-day stretch, and had recently been fired.

While investigators track down those workers, they're reminding other gun owners to properly document and secure their firearms. Police search for 19 handguns stolen from east Wichita apartment

Sounds to me as if the dude's a bit unclear on the concept of home defense weapons if he allows 19 of them to walk away at once...
    Struckat likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    I ordered several ammo boxes, speed strips for various caliber revolvers, and a 2 cans of Ballistol.

Nothin' sexy, but still...
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

Got a new hand made Holster from Crooked River Leather, Olmsted Falls, Ohio.

VIP Member
    Got a N82 Tactical for my XD Mod 2. Not sure if it as comfy as the N82 original, need to wear it all day. I do like the retention feature and the ability to re-holster.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

Distinguished Member
    Delivered today:
    A replacement Crimson Trace laser for one of our Sig P938's.
    1000 rounds of CCI Mini-Mags.
    250 rounds of 9mm 124gr XTP.
    Old Man likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Dang. The elusive CCI mini-mags.
    1000 rounds.
    Nice.

Well, in the last few weeks I did get my CZ 455 and Remy 700ADL in 270 Winchester.
    Old Man likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    My PSA carbine and pistol lowers arrived yesterday. Kinda frustrating waiting on the upper thingy that goes bang tho'.

New rifle

I picked up my new from Buds, Ruger 10/22 Talo Classic V. Looks very sleek. Thinking I am going to leave it just the way it is. No sling, open sights.

Distinguished Member Array Struckat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    My buddy has a 357 Sig. I'm hoping to shoot it one of these days to see what it's all about.
    With any luck, I will have a pistol that will shoot 357 Sig tomorrow. Also I am expecting 250 more target rounds tomorrow.

Distinguished Member Array Nebraska12's Avatar
    Yes! Today I received a Condor rifle sling, Magpul flip up sights, and an ankle holster for my TCP. They came with the usual bills...but, still a great day for mail!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nebraska12; July 24th, 2015 at 09:05 AM.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'

“The Second Amendment is timeless for our Founders grasped that self-defense is three-fold: every free individual must protect themselves against the evil will of the man, the mob and the state.”
    ― Tiffany Madison

VIP Member
    I finally bought an Aimpoint PRO today.

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I finally bought an Aimpoint PRO today.
    I can't top that! Nice pick up!
    Last edited by OD*; July 24th, 2015 at 08:06 AM.
    Nebraska12 and Phaedrus like this.

Page 6 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links