More Americans killed by illegal aliens than Iraq war,

More Americans killed by illegal aliens than Iraq war,

This is a discussion on More Americans killed by illegal aliens than Iraq war, within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/02/mo...d_by_illeg.php More Americans killed by illegal aliens than Iraq war, study says Jim Brown OneNewsNow.com February 22, 2007 Illegal aliens are killing more Americans ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Americans killed by illegal aliens than Iraq war,

Exclamation More Americans killed by illegal aliens than Iraq war,

From http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/02/mo...d_by_illeg.php

More Americans killed by illegal aliens than Iraq war, study says

Jim Brown
    OneNewsNow.com
    February 22, 2007

Illegal aliens are killing more Americans than the Iraq war, says a new report from Family Security Matters that estimates some 2,158 murders are committed every year by illegal aliens in the U.S. The group says that number is more than 15 percent of all the murders reported by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the U.S. and about three times the representation of illegal aliens in the general population.

Mike Cutler, a former senior special agent with the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (the former INS), is a fellow at the Center for Immigration Studies and an advisor to Family Security Matters (FSM). He says the high number of Americans being killed by illegal aliens is just part of the collateral damage that comes with tolerating illegal immigration.

"The military actually called for the BORTAC team, ... the elite unit of the Border Patrol, to be detailed to Iraq to help to secure the Iraqi border," Cutler notes. "Now, if our military can understand that Iraq's security depends in measure on the ability to protect its border against insurgents and terrorists, then why isn't our country similarly protecting our own borders?" he asks.

"We are now five and a half years, nearly, after 9/11, and yet our borders remain open," the Center for Immigration Studies fellow observes. "We have National Guardsmen assigned on the border, but it turns out they are unarmed," he points out. "Their rules of engagement are very simple: if armed intruders head your way, run in the other direction."
    '
    This situation would "almost be comical if it wasn't so tragic," Cutler asserts. "If our borders are wide open, this means that drugs, criminals, and terrorists are entering our country just as easily as the dishwashers," he says.

The report from FSM estimates that the 267,000 illegal aliens currently incarcerated in the nation are responsible for nearly 1,300,000 crimes, ranging from drug arrests to rape and murder. Such statistics, Cutler contends, debunk the claim that illegal immigration is a victimless crime. "Then we even have another problem," he adds, "and that's the Visa Waiver Program."

The federal government's Visa Waiver Program enables nationals of certain countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. According to the U.S. State Department website, the waiver program was established in 1986 with the objective of "eliminating unnecessary barriers to travel," stimulating America's tourism industry, and allowing the government to focus consular resources in other areas.

Cutler says the U.S. retains the Visa Waiver Program because the nation's travel, tourism, and hospitality industries want America's borders wide open. In other words, the former INS official contends, the nation's security is being compromised in the name of trade.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Assistant Administrator
    This would hardly surprise me - and any and all deaths of Americal citizens is very bad news, whether at home or our boys at the sharp end.

As to what I am tempted to write extra but won't - well, just a request to following posters not to stir this into an immigration/polital flamefest!

I know we have strong feelings on this kinda issue but ........... I think you know where I am comin from
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I agree about keeping this topic out of the gutter. We all agree that illegal immigration is an affront to our society and that the situation needs to be resolved sanely, no amnesty, no slack. If you're found here without authorization you leave, you can come back when and if your paperwork gets to the top of the pile. Both myself and P95 did that and it makes for a greater appreciation of the USA. I denounced another perfectly good (well, sometimes) country to be a citizen here.

We have a pest problem, and nobody is offering pest control.

Great post. Thanks for putting it up.

A nation without borders is no nation - Ronald Regan

I'm not sure if he said that before or after he gave amnesty to 4 million illegals.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

First of all, this is not political, but it is realality. If you ever have to defend yourself , there is a very good chance it will be against a """undocumented worker""", a gang member, drughead, or excon. For some reason, the UD's are being treated as some kind of special species - defend yourself/family against one of them, and you're in deep poo from TWO governments. There is a lot that can be done, but I'm not holding my breath.
    UD's are not a new problem. When I was a kid (during the Taft administration !) we got our yearly influx of them in the Spring, and they WENT HOME in the Fall. They didn't bring their families with them. Little to no crime, and they didn't leach government benefits. On the positive side, they are very good and hard workers, and some of them are honest.
    The death rate will really soar now that they can bring their trucks anywhere in the country. We are expected to obey the law - why can't they?
    Meanwhile, nothing will be resolved.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    RECONQUISTA!!!! We are being invaded. I saw a truck the other day with a Mexican flag on the back window. The caption below said "Soon to be flying over the U.S.A." I weep for my son and his sons and their sons when I think about what America may be some day if good men continue to sit idle.

Many of our core beliefs are being assaulted by many enemies. (terrorists, politicians, liberals, illegals, criminals) God,Family,Guns, and the American way. How much are we going to take? Are we going to let them have it? You, me,our fathers and their fathers and so on down the line worked too damn hard to make this the greatest country ever in the history of human kind to just sit back and let them rape it.

Sorry P95, I just needed to vent. I am just another pissed off middle aged white male.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; March 1st, 2007 at 11:06 PM.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Statistics like these always play on our feelings.
    But if we sort the murder rate differently, we would probably be equally stunned to find out how many deaths are caused by middle-class white Americans. (Not that there is a real comparison.)
    I am a believer in tight security at the borders and my right to carry.
    I also believe that this great country was founded by immigrants before there were rules that made their immigration "illegal".
    And one final thought, I personally love the look of the Hispanic women! Ooh la la!
    "Luck is the point where opportunity and preparedness meet."

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by Strych-9 View Post
    Statistics like these always play on our feelings.
    But if we sort the murder rate differently, we would probably be equally stunned to find out how many deaths are caused by middle-class white Americans. (Not that there is a real comparison.)
    I am a believer in tight security at the borders and my right to carry.
    I also believe that this great country was founded by immigrants before there were rules that made their immigration "illegal".
    And one final thought, I personally love the look of the Hispanic women! Ooh la la!
    True, but I believe that those immigrants, including my grandparents, came here with the intent to adopt our culture and become Americans. For the miost part they learned English, sent their kids to public schools and encouraged them to become self sufficient.

I am not so sure that is true today with respect to many of the new immigrants, illegal or not.

Ron

VIP Member
    There are a lot of illegal immigrants here in Nashville. We need to nip the incentives for them coming here, such as welfare. And crack down on employers who hire them (I see more of that going on now, thank goodness).

"The Town The Law Forgot"
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

We need to nip the incentives for them coming here, such as welfare. And crack down on employers who hire them
    Hmm, I hear elements of Phil Valentine in that post?

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    Both myself and P95 did that and it makes for a greater appreciation of the USA. I denounced another perfectly good (well, sometimes) country to be a citizen here.

I too am here legally, and quite honestly, it burns my backside that after all the hoops I went through, I should have just sauntered on through the border, but hey, that's not my thing, I was brought up better than that.

Assistant Administrator
    It is true to say - us ''imports'' - the good guys who have spent time and money, and endured the hoops and hurdles to be 100% legal ....... are possibly the most vociferous when it comes to illegals.

We ''did it right'' is the thing and it sucks as proud Americans now to see such parasitism.

I won't go further tho I could! But want to keep this thread and the subject very low key for Bumper's sake on this board.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Hey now, you guys are being RACISTS. [sarcasm]

Laws are Laws, If you break one by entering Illeagaly then you are a criminal, what is going to keep you from breaking others. They ship you out and you can just come back.

Our troops on the border arn't armed, they are told that if they meet an armed Illeagal to turn and run.

We need Backbone in this country and need to close our borders by force.

raevan, true...but, do be honest, it isnt just America. "Western Civiliation" has lost its backbone...but thats another thread...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links