"Interesting" Convo (Whew!!!)

This is a discussion on "Interesting" Convo (Whew!!!) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Everyone needs at least one waco around to remind yourself you are sane....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Interesting" Convo (Whew!!!)

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Everyone needs at least one waco around to remind yourself you are sane.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    I'm afraid that I would have had one of two reactions. Both are fun, but neither would help the situation. Since nothing else would help either, I probably would go ahead and let one of the reactions fly. Reaction 1: Laugh out loud right in her face. I tend to find people who know everything but none of it true comical. Reaction 2: Pull the gun, hold it at shoulder height and drop it. Since that's all it takes for it to go off, maybe the round will hit her.

Now that I think of it, I probably would have had Reaction 3: While laughing uproarously drop the pistol from shoulder height.

None of these are good reactions, but after 59 years of living on this planet I don't suffer fools lightly.

you rule!

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    sounds like the lady is about 4 cans and a plastic holder short of a six pack!
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

be a good redneck and say "get in that kitchen and make me some pie!" :)

Thumbs down SHEEP

Usualy people who react like that haven't got a clue about a lot of things. They are afraid of any thing they don't understand. It's the ones that don't have any common sense and are easily lead. You know the ones, they have no original thoughts.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    I don't know how well a brandishing accusation would stick, considering it was his own dwelling, and you'd have an extra witness (roommate) to prove you didn't...

A witness (roommate) whose own mother might face a charge of falsely reporting an incident to the police if she does not back the mother up. You'd be forcing the daughter to choose between mom and roommate in a situation where a criminal charge is concerned. I don't give the roommate great odds, there. Blood is thicker than water.

Every Family Has 'Em...

I just ignore them...I stay armed, but do not engage in their silly conversations.

I believe that you engaged too much...OMO

I may say, "You're free to believe the way you choose, and I'm entitled to my opinion also, and...thanks for sharing!"

Then I have a seat...back in a place...so as to face the door, of course!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You did well, BUT, you didn't drop the gun! No, seriously, the media has everyone who knows nothing about guns thinking that semi-automatic is FULLY-automatic. I know you were in a losing battle, but I personally will correct that misconception every time I encounter it. It reminds me of a robbery that happened here a few weeks ago and the local news made sure to mention, repeatedly, that the robbery was committed with a semi-auto weapon(like it was something spectacular). They don't realize that nearly every criminal is carrying a semi-auto because revolvers aren't cool anymore. OK, my little rant is over. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Crazy people are nuts!

Thats gotta be the most profound statement I've ever seen!

Seriously though, I appreciate your sentiments but heres my feelings. My house, my guns, my life, If you don't like my guns, you can stay at a hotel. I applaud your cool headed responses and understand your courtesy but I'm afraid that I dont have "tactfullness" in my skill sets.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    I'm afraid that I would have had one of two reactions. Both are fun, but neither would help the situation. Since nothing else would help either, I probably would go ahead and let one of the reactions fly. Reaction 1: Laugh out loud right in her face. I tend to find people who know everything but none of it true comical. Reaction 2: Pull the gun, hold it at shoulder height and drop it. Since that's all it takes for it to go off, maybe the round will hit her.

Now that I think of it, I probably would have had Reaction 3: While laughing uproarously drop the pistol from shoulder height.

None of these are good reactions, but after 59 years of living on this planet I don't suffer fools lightly.

Why did you have to suggest that? Now it's going to be in the back of my head every time I deal with an anti.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    As you said, she is unstable, and she demonstrated this to you. I wouldn't have even gotten into it with her, it's a no-win battle in this case. She's not rational so you will never convince her otherwise.
    Ditto. Never try to teach a pig to sing...It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.

In that situation, I would have DEFINITELY thrown her insanity right back in her face, "There are no other firearms here, because I heard that you were mentally unstable...and I can see by your display that that is indeed the case. This conversation is over."
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
    - Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Limatunes, you'd fit right in with my family. My parents met while shooting pistols with firends and family. In fact you've got me beat with the wedding reception thing, but we shoot at darn near every family gathering. Birthdays, Easter, Christmas, you name it.

My wife and I have decided to claim you an your husband as relatives.

BTW: were you the one in the Browning commercials who had the Browning Buck mark made from icing on her wedding cake?
    Last edited by sgtD; March 5th, 2007 at 11:09 PM.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links