Glock Customer support.

This is a discussion on Glock Customer support. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just bought a Glock 23 two weeks ago (I love it by the way. Most accurate gun right out of the box I have ...

Thread: Glock Customer support.

Glock Customer support.

I just bought a Glock 23 two weeks ago (I love it by the way. Most accurate gun right out of the box I have ever fired!)

The gun was the last one that the gun shop had and as a result was the display model. That means that a lot of people handled it and one defect. Someone had obviously banged the front sight into something and taken a chunk out of it. When looking at he sights as if to fire the gun, the upper right corner of the front sight had a chunck gouged out of it and it was not square.

I could still aim the gun fine but it bothered me. So, I called Glock to inquire how much a replacement front sight would be. The customer support tech asked me if it would be alright if they just sent me one at no charge! How cool is that. Now I realize that the plastic front sight on a Glock is not going to be an expensive item but, many other gun companies would have charged $5 or $10 for one. Mine got here in the mail 2 days later and is now living happily on my G23.

So far, I am not only impressed with the gun but also with the company that made it.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Good to know that some company's
    stand behind there products, Go Glock.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    I bought a G17 about 3 years ago. After putting around 300 rounds before it quit ejecting the shells but I could not find anything wrong. I took it back to the dealer and he found a small chip on the ejector. He took it back and within a week I had my Glock back at no cost to me. I thought that was great. But my dealer did make a statement to me that makes sense. He stated that your major manufacturer will repair your weapon free for a life time because of liabilities even if its not written down on paper.

VIP Member
    Mike, good to know about the service, because about 7 days from now it is likely that our family will have added a Glock 26 or 27. My wife wants something to carry that has more juice than her Bersa .380, but she doesn't want the weight of my P239. I had her handle the Springfield XD compact and then she saw the Glock. Now I personally have nothing against Glocks, but the first and second generations just did not fit my hand. After handling a couple of the 3rd gens I think I could probably use one and actually hit something.

Anyway when she handled the 26 and 27 she was real impressed by both the size and the weight. She did not like the fact that her pinkie was off the grip. I told her that there was an extension available like the one on her Bersa. She has thought about it for a 3 weeks now and has decided that she wants to handle them again and decide whether she wants the 9mm or .40. Since she shoots 9mm, .357SIG, 10mm, and .45 with no problem that's fine with me. We will see which one she wants come next Saturday.

Knowing that Glock is that quick to respond is a real comfort.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    I just bought a Glock 23 two weeks ago (I love it by the way. Most accurate gun right out of the box I have ever fired!)...
    So far, I am not only impressed with the gun but also with the company that made it.
    So, you have been converted, huh? Once you shoot one, you want to have one. Glock... the original plastic pistol. Congratulations.
    America should have license to carry "children" laws...

Mooo

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    dr

May I recommend the G27 of the 2? That way you can get the 357 sig bbl for it and I can guarantee she will enjoy firing those rounds.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

I'm planning to buy a glock within the next week. It's nice to hear how they treat there customers. I plan on getting a 19 and hope it shoots as good as my friends 23.

Dr_CMG, you have one fine wife!

Roger

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmak View Post
    dr

May I recommend the G27 of the 2? That way you can get the 357 sig bbl for it and I can guarantee she will enjoy firing those rounds.....
    Thanks, good idea. Then I can get a .40 barrel for my SIG P239 in .357SIG. She carried the P239 in .357SIG for about six months before her sister gave her a new purse. Then she went back to the Bersa. It's time to change purses again and she doesn't want to haul the P239 again.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

What was the factory install suggestion for the new front blade?
    I am an American. I vote. I will serve on a jury when called. Its a MEMBERS ONLY thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    I'm planning to buy a glock within the next week. It's nice to hear how they treat there customers. I plan on getting a 19 and hope it shoots as good as my friends 23.
    it will.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Glocks customer service and customer relation dept. does an excellent job.

You'll like your 19 TomG!
    "The best compliment to the Warrior is that others feel safe while you are around." I would add especially if they REALLY ARE safe when you are around.

Quote Originally Posted by lightningstrike02 View Post
    They did not suggest anything as far as installing it. The fellow I talked to just said it is an easy swap.

The new front sight arrived Friday in the mail. I have not as of yet installed it but I will be putting it on the gun in the next couple of days.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by lightningstrike02 View Post

Front sight is the easy one, just reverse the procedure if using factory stock sights. Here is a link to a removal video.

http://www.dt-concepts.com/ca/frontsightremoval.mpg

Links