Got rid of the recient Kimber .45

This is a discussion on Got rid of the recient Kimber .45 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well i got rid of the kimber , details to follow in a day or two when the trade is finalised , but i can ...

Thread: Got rid of the recient Kimber .45

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

Well i got rid of the kimber , details to follow in a day or two when the trade is finalised , but i can say that part of it is a ruger all weather m77 II in .308. It has the standard 22" tube on it , but may not for long lol . Trigger is as crisp as a green twig breaking with only the creep of a volkswagen pulling a hummer out of a mud bog but no stacking @ about 96 lbs or so . I just allways wanted to play with a ruger centerfire , and this one is cheap enough to make a project out of no matter which way the trade goes . Right now i am minimising the " hickys " on the poor old rifle in prep for some bead blasting of the stainless to cut reflection . I am considering cutting the tube to 18 or 20" and re crowning but have not made my mind up yet . The rifle will be ( assuming i can get it to shoot well since as of yet its unfired by me ) an all around rifle to plink everything from a yote to a mule deer . Expected ranges are from 50 to 400+ yards . Right now it wears a cheap " mill dot " 6x scope tho near as i can tell they are set at about 10 to 12 mil ( this is from sighting out the window at known size objects at a good guess distance lol ) .
    Nothing was wrong with the old kimber except a fella wanted it worse than me and made an open ended offer for trade where i will either draw another rifle , or cash , deal yet to be finalised by payment of either , but the amount and specific rifle are . No pics yet of anything .. just welcome input on the m77 platform if anyone has experiance with them , I know all i need to about the .308 lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I would go with a Ruger or Remington anyday!! Steve48

Links