springfield champ. ftf

springfield champ. ftf

This is a discussion on springfield champ. ftf within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; first round only ftf. swc's, efmj's, they all seem to fail when releasing the slide on the first round. It doesn't matter if I use ...

Thread: springfield champ. ftf

springfield champ. ftf

first round only ftf. swc's, efmj's, they all seem to fail when releasing the slide on the first round. It doesn't matter if I use the slide release or pull back on the slide and let go. I can smack the bottom of the magazine and 9 out of 10 times it will go into battery. I can drop the magazine leaving the first round in it's ftf position and work the slide and get it to go into the barrell. No problems after the first round. RN's bullets don't seem to a problem until about 30 or so rounds have been fired, then they get a little problematic too. I can only assume gun powder residue contributes to this. Any idea's, I know it's not the magazines, because it does it with all of them. (4) I can even go as far as saying it doesen't like........., but problems with RN's??? It's new, I don't want to send it back unless I've ruled out possible problems. I have had it troated and polished but the problems continue.

Check the mag release and also take slide off and check for burrs or rough breechface or anything that can cause to much drag to slow the slide down

Lead Moderator
    My champ took about 100 rnds to feed the first round of Fed. hydrashocks reliably. Polish the feed ramp lightly , run some ammo thru it.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

A defective "slide stop" can also cause it to do this on the first round in the mag. Do you load the mags to full capacity? What happens if you load the mags one short of full capacity? Just something else that may be problematic. I had a similar issue with a new Champ and I replaced the slide stop and the problem disapeared.
    Good luck
    A Wise Man Changes His Mind, but a Fool Never Does

Lead Moderator
    Come to think about it , the slide stop was replaced on my champ too. wonder if SA has a bit of a SS issue?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

slide stop is mim on springers so could be a problem

Links