Any "MAC" owners here?

Any "MAC" owners here?

This is a discussion on Any "MAC" owners here? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There's gotta be. I love my "Mini" 9mm for home defense. Easy to maneuver, weight to absorb recoil (nice in a high stress situation), and ...

Thread: Any "MAC" owners here?

Any "MAC" owners here?

There's gotta be. I love my "Mini" 9mm for home defense. Easy to maneuver, weight to absorb recoil (nice in a high stress situation), and the extension acts as a flash hider. High capacity doesn't hurt either. If I run out, I'll SWING it at the bad guy

I have two as toys, one .45 and one 9mm.

They're toys. Nothing more - I wouldn't use one for home defense as it offers no practical advantage that my Sigs and other more suited weapons offer.

If I want the convenience of a rifle and pistol caliber and overall compactness compared to a full-sized rifle or shotgun, I have a Uzi SBR that allows me the luxury of using a stock and the sights if I want to.

Don't get me wrong, they're fun toys - but fun more in the sense of "I have one, it's fun to shoot every few dozen range visits" but it's like some of my novelty revolvers in that sense.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Simply judging by looks, which a jury is going to do anyway, it appears to be a military type gun, and the extension on the barrel looks like a supressor. This is how a lawyer is going to present this type of weapon in a wrongful death lawsuit that is filed right after the initial shooting is deemed justified.

Sadly, that gun is the definition of the "evil black guns" that the left so badly want gone. If that weapon were to be presented to a jury, it would terrify the 80 year old woman, and the liberal soccer mom alike. That could very well be the one thing that hands the judge a guilty verdict.

As an HD tool, there are better choices. As a fun gun, it is great.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

I didn't even mention the 30 round magazine. That is the final nail in the coffin.

Please don't take my posts as if to say that these things have no place in private hands as that is not what I am saying at all. They simply are not the best choice for the application in which you specified.

Mind you, I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night either. I do have a couple of lawyer friends, and this is how they have told me that they would prosecute a case like that.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Quote Originally Posted by MACpistol.com View Post
    There's gotta be. I love my "Mini" 9mm for home defense. Easy to maneuver, weight to absorb recoil (nice in a high stress situation), and the extension acts as a flash hider. High capacity doesn't hurt either. If I run out, I'll SWING it at the bad guy

where does your avatar pic come from?
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plblark View Post
    where does your avatar pic come from?
    I know the answer to that one....it's from a John Wayne movie called 'McQ'.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I like it! You got your own GAT homme...
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

does this qualify?LOL.
    M10 Powder Springs gun in 45 ACP
    Attached Images
    Last edited by CLASS3NH; March 6th, 2007 at 10:35 PM.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Links