New Jersey to consider .50-caliber ban...

This is a discussion on New Jersey to consider .50-caliber ban... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Suprised I didn't see this on here today...of course I could have missed it. NJ to ban .50 cals...

Thread: New Jersey to consider .50-caliber ban...

New Jersey to consider .50-caliber ban...

Suprised I didn't see this on here today...of course I could have missed it. NJ to ban .50 cals
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

2. Remove Ads

I didn't know that the terrorists went to the gun shows and bought guns like us peons.

Silly me I assumed that with external financial backing they could get just about whatever they wanted.

Curious...
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Senior Moderator

"We can wait for the first time mayhem occurs in our country before we ban civilian sale of these weapons," said Bryan Miller, Ceasefire NJ executive director, "but then dozens of people will likely have died."

"The only thing that comes out of this weapon is evil," Paw said.

"These guns serve no useful purpose," he said.

Same ole BS,same old rhetoric.

Thats what we have to deal with.You would think that these so called higly educated people could come up with better arguments than that and leave the emotionalism out of it, but come to think of it, since they lose sleep at night at the very thought of what a gun might do that might be a bit much to ask of them...
    Last edited by HotGuns; March 7th, 2007 at 08:42 AM.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    A .50 cal ban coming out of NJ?

Not surprised there one bit (unfortunately).
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaScout View Post
    I didn't know that the terrorists went to the gun shows and bought guns like us peons.
    [sarcasm on]
    Yes, they get them from the 'unlicensed' dealers, you know the dealers who sells jerky & pocket knives......they keep the .50s under their tables, so you have to know who to ask...........you know that darned gun show loop hole
    [sarcasm off]
    Last edited by goawayfarm; March 7th, 2007 at 09:10 AM.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Some of the most important battles of the Revolution were fought in New Jersey. How sad that this is what that state has come to.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    [sarcasm on]
    Yes, they get them from the 'unlicensed' dealers, you know the dealers who sells jerky & pocket knives......they keep the .50s under their tables, so you have to know who to ask...........you know that darned gun show loop hole
    [sarcasm off]
    Started to make a joke about pork jerky but decided I was being insensitive so I stopped.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

At least the last two paragraphs gave an NRA response, even if it was 0.4% of the article.

Read the same thing in a local Phila. news website, interestingly enough they left out those last two paragraphs. Glad to see the news' unbias reporting.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Links