Defensive Carry banner

What would you buy with $100

4K views 73 replies 58 participants last post by  grouse 
#1 ·
I have come across about $100 cash that I can spend on whatever I want. Would like to get something firearm or SD related. What would you spend our on. New holster, new belt, night sights, extra mags, ________?

#35 ·
Get yourself the fanciest Concealed Carry Badge and CCW sash combo on the market. Green Street fashion Shoulder Standing Fashion

Then take the rest and hire yourself a team of operators like this so you can take a load off and just enjoy the day.
Team Police

#39 ·
PEF said:
As many kittens and puppies as I could git fer target practice!
PEF you cheeky son of a whatchamacallit!! I coughed up...dang near coughed up a LUNG!!!!!!!!!

Please pardon me whilst I refresh my libation.

Sufficiently refreshed I will now continue to continue.

What wood I due with a spare one hundred somoleons??

COSTCO Run. ORGANIC RED MEAT. Two 3 packs of their 4# per package Kirkland 80-90% Grass Fed HAMBURGER. 2 sacks of 10# ONIONS. 1/2 Gallon R&R Whiskey, :whisky: 1 BBQ Rotisserie :essen: Chicken and $15 of COSTCO Gas. That wood be about $100 including Warshington State's Screw You Tax. Some might call it Sales Tax. I used to. Not No Mo.

Man oh man, when I used to work at the Park I thought I was poor. I was RICH yet dint know it. Now I know and it sucks the big Wallinski.:soapbox::censored::soapbox:

Reactions: PEF
#40 ·
Seriously, after checking out all of the food forums on here, you could go buy some meat and sides, invite all of your buddies to bring their guns and a side. Then you can Meat, Eat, and Shoot! That sounds like a killer day involving guns that you will never forget....money well spent!

#42 ·
I guess it would depend on what you have? Do you have a holster? Does it suit your needs?

For me it would be
#1 Holster (I am not so happy with mine, want another one)
#2 Ammo (practice makes perfect)
#3 Few more mags. (can never have too many)
#4 Some sort of pouch to carry a spare mag when conceal carrying.

But YMMV

#43 ·
One thing i hadn't thoguth about is an AR Lower. I would like to build one at some point. :scratchchin:

#47 ·
Well, if you do decide to buy ammo, at today's prices, you could probably get a whole 100 rounds of .22LR! :rofl:

Reactions: OD*
#48 ·
I decided to go with a DeSantis EGAT and 5.11 belt at an LGS. Ordered some snap caps from Amazon.

#51 ·
Ammo never goes out of fashion. But it does go up in price. And who knows what will drive the next shortage.

But if the OP needs a belt, holster and snap caps, who are we to judge?

Reactions: techieccw and OD*
#52 ·
Thank you. I did consider ammo, but this was "special" money, meaning I had sole control of its use. Ammo purchases are easier to obtain permission from the treasurer for than belt, holsters, etc.

#55 ·
maybe a red dot from Primary Arms for my AR, or some custom grips for the Dan Wesson revolver or a Holster (leather) for the Browning HiPower when I get it back.

ar dot

$99 https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Micro_Dot_with_Removable_Base_and_Fli_p/md-adrfbundle.htm (or wait for a better one on sale they have them quite often)

Dan Wesson grips

https://www.hogueinc.com/store/products/dan-wesson-smframe-rosewood-laminate/2792
https://www.hogueinc.com/store/products/dan-wesson-small-frame-coco-bolo/2846
LB Special | LB Custom Grips
Traditional | LB Custom Grips
Gallery | LB Custom Grips

Holster for the Hi Power

something OWB I dont own but 1 OWB holster as I dont normally carry like that. I dont plan to CC the HiPower so a nice leather range holster that could double as a OWB maybe in the winter?? would do well I think..

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

#63 ·
Without knowing what you have its hard to tell you what to get. Right now if I had the spare cash I would get the wife a new holster. She is wantng to try leather instead of kydex since I carry leather and sing its praise. We pay off the van tomorrow so next month we should have a little extra cash freed up.

Ammo is always something you can use. Either a new sd you want to try as mentioned or just some target stuff. Are you good to go on extra mags?

Honestly its limitless what to spend money on when your into shooting. Cleaning supplies, range gear, etc. What about spare parts for your gun?Springs,etc?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.