Defensive Carry banner

Church builds gun range, launches range ministry ‘in the name of Jesus Christ’

4K views 60 replies 40 participants last post by  zamboni 
#1 ·
#39 ·
What you say it correct but look at it another way. There will be people coming to church to see what is going on and they may not have came otherwise. They will be exposed to the shooting and the fellowship but also will likely be exposed to the teachings of the Bible.

Which is better, being exposed to a Christian lifestyle along with shooting or not being exposed to anything but shooting?

I know a lot of great Christian people and they make closer friends than do some I shoot with on occasion. I am not a bible thumper and certainly not the man I should be but thank God I am not the man I used to be.

In my line of work, I see many that have wrongly used firearms to take lives or cause injury to others. None of those are grounded in church. Having a shooting range at a church may werve such people well.

Anyway, what would a shooting range at a church hurt?

#41 ·
“I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17: Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues." Matt. 10:16

He came as a lamb. He returns as a Lion.

I am NOT a lamb.

#44 ·
I don't like it! I would NEVER go, therefore, no one else should go. I would NEVER let my church do this, therefore no other church should do this. I will NEVER need a gun, therefore, no one else will ever need a gun. I will NEVER own a gun, therefore, no one else should ever own one.

[/liberalmindset]

#45 ·
The mission of the church is Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

The church has gotten away from that, and instead do skits, and everything except what Jesus commanded to its detriment. Resources of the church should go toward their primary mission, and not other things.
There is nothing wrong with providing security from the crazies, but do not forget why Christ established His Church.
Jerry

#46 ·
OK, I know there is only one car mentioned in the Bible but is there any gun maker mentioned in the Bible? If so, it would give more cause to have a gun range at church.

Reactions: Chicagobill
#53 ·
But what would one pray for at a church range?

A better gun?
Better shooting than the others there?
A larger range?
Larger targets?

When they pass the collection plate, where does the money go? Does it pay the preacher or the range master?
Do they collect more by having people with guns in the congregation?

Reactions: Eric357
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.