Defensive Carry banner

Church builds gun range, launches range ministry ‘in the name of Jesus Christ’

4K views 60 replies 40 participants last post by  zamboni 
#1 ·
#14 ·
In the name of life, everyone's life, and the defense of it.

Should be the case everywhere, as everyone can value it similarly. Under the "upraised knife" most anyone finally "gets" the point, in a manner of speaking. Prepare before then, else it's too late.

Kudos to the folks involved for recognizing reality halts for nobody. Kudos for recognizing hope and prayer, alone, can't stop a felon from doing whatever he's aiming to do.

#35 ·
In the name of life, everyone's life, and the defense of it.

Should be the case everywhere, as everyone can value it similarly. Under the "upraised knife" most anyone finally "gets" the point, in a manner of speaking. Prepare before then, else it's too late.

Kudos to the folks involved for recognizing reality halts for nobody. Kudos for recognizing hope and prayer, alone, can't stop a felon from doing whatever he's aiming to do.
I'm all for it from 2 basic perspectives. 1) From the Christian perspective. I know much of the time here I come off more as a sinner than a Bible Believer but I was raised in a way stodgy church (Plymouth Brethren). Try as I might I'm still fairly stodgy and a Christian.

2) I finger this range will get caught up in the average activist atheist craw not to mention the average anti libturd and that's ALWAYS a good thang in my book.

About 30 years a tiny little Baptist church upriver I went to regular for awhile the preacher there was a muzzle loader that I'd met several years before. We got along perty well considering he was a serious Bible thumper and I was just a *******.

It's too bad more churches don't do something like this.

Reactions: Eric357
#17 ·
I know of several churches that are holding ccw classes and are reramping security.

The liberals will be in arms about this. I also can almost promise there will be someone in the church in a tizzy over it.

I personally think its awesome.
Quite the paradox, eh? Gotta love that.

#31 ·
We had two church groups that shot at the range i worked at .

One of the groups constantly violated range safety rules.
Endless coaching and corrective action lead to them demanding an apology from me for being " too loud" during my corrective action.
After a quick meeting between me and management their group leader was informed that there would be no apology and if they did not clean up their act they would not be welcome to return.
They elected not to return.
They were not missed.

#23 ·
Sad to say it but this is a natural progression for churches at this time in our country.

If one notices, churches these days are beginning to have theaters, restaurants, bowling alleys, horse riding (cowboy churches) and much more as part of the church. There is so much competition today not only between churches but also with the secular world. TV preachers, Internet and other things in the world have a natural drawing card for people that do not want to just sit in a pew to listen to a preacher speaking for an hour. It is evident that people want to be entertained and made to feel they got some thing out of going to church.

Forty years ago, people dressed for church. Now many people go in any attire they want. The churches have had to relax the atmosphere to keep their attendees.

Several of the local churches in this area have added built in businesses to the church. Quite a few have restaurants and movie theaters. One large local Baptist church bought an entire shopping center. The JC Penney store became their sanctuary, the multi screen theater shows family movies, the other store fronts became various things and I believe they now have a bowling alley as well. All of it is a great draw, particularly for the youth.

It also is a nice way of adding to the church coffers.

#27 ·
We have preaching, praying ad singing. :gah: Sorry I couldn't resist as I'm getting ready to change clothes to go to Wed Bible study. But just to keep on topic I'll be packing my sig 229 while preaching.

But your exactly right, a lot of competition. But I'm kind of old fashioned so I'd rather have a small traditional church than something new fangled. but tats just me. I'm only 43 but outdated.:confused:

We do once a year have a "Harvest Sunday" where I wear Bib overalls. But that's on one a year in Oct.

#34 ·
As long as the mosques don't start trying to woo "in-name-only Muslims" back to attendance the same way! Imagine the whining if that happened!

"Hey! That was our community-building idea, you stinkypoos!" or something like that.

Then churches will have to start building in Big Screen tvs, and start hosting various sporting events or somesuch. With, I dunno, preaching instead of commercials.

Reactions: LongLostBushman
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.