Defensive Carry banner

J frame bug

2K views 30 replies 27 participants last post by  Pistology 
#1 ·
I have always liked J-frame Smiths and have a couple of the 70's models. Recently I have been watching my LGS selling the 637's for around 380.00 plus tax. I decided to buy one last month and at that price I have this nagging impulse to buy another. I have no practical use for 2 637's but dang that is cheap for a Smith. I keep thinking that we will never see these prices again. Someone push me toward this purchase or tell me that its silly to want another. I just cant make up my mind. I am about ready to flip a coin.

#3 ·
Wait and grab one of the five models s&w makes no lock ... 351c and 350pd or 642 are very nice

Reactions: Haywood and Eric357
#31 ·
351c is a 22LR. Not for me. Do you mean 340pd? Anyway, the guns that you mention have no exposed hammer. I much prefer a revo with no hammer for ccw.

#5 ·
Definitely a fair price. I kind of like the Bodyguard style (638) better, myself.

Personally I've decided that no matter what I may keep or trade, I will always have at least two snubbies of j-frame size. If I have two, even if one breaks or is otherwise out of service, I'll still have a backup I can carry darned near anywhere it's legal.

#6 ·
I paid @ $425 or so for my S&W 637 a few months back...$380 is a great deal.

I love that little revo - my girl carries it every day.

I have "several" snubbies - S&W, Ruger, Taurus - 2 is 1 and 1 is none so I am just doing my part to make sure my girl and I will always have a rock solid revo to carry!

So...yeah...do eet!

#12 ·
That seems to be a great deal. Don't know if they will go up or down. I have seen several used for $300-$350 on a local forum. I have a 640 that 6 months ago would have been gone fast for $475 and I cant seem to sell it for $425. I don't know if its a local thing or if its that way across the board. I think most are running to the single stack plastic fantastic.

#14 ·
That is a good price. You know what needs to be done...best get on with it. :smile:

#16 ·
The fastest way to reload is grab another gun.

Reactions: Haywood
#17 ·
I bought a used one from a member here about three years ago for $295 and he had the pro grips on it.
I already had a 442.

Put a set of S&W pro grips on the 442 as well I liked them so much.
Look great, and gives a better hold than the small rubber ones, which are very good if you MUST keep things small.

$380; DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Haywood
#22 ·
If your really gonna get another one, pick one up for me too, I need a J-frame to carry when I get my 642 nice and dirty at range after shooting about 200 round thur it. Let me know when you have it, so I can send you the information on my FFL dealer. Thanks.....

#23 ·
I have been buying guns 3 per month due to price. I suspect that if Hillary runs for President we will see another round of panic buying as we did with Obama. She has vowed to take on the NRA. Aside from that, the prices are great. I also picked up a 637 recently. It is my second one. Google Clip Grip made by DeSantis. It is a replacement grip that allows you to tuck the gun into your waistband without it sliding down. It is not the thin metal clip that you often see. If you look it up make sure it is a full grip. This allows me to tuck the gun in for quick trips to pickup mild but best of all, it allows me to carry the gun when I am wearing shorts without a belt. Great for answering the door late at night. Tuck in between pajama bottom and waist and I am good to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.