Defensive Carry banner

Wal Mart to stop selling AR 15s and similar weapons

2K views 34 replies 28 participants last post by  multistage 
#1 ·
Reactions: Wasp
#33 ·
Up Yours WM

I do not care what Walmart does as I do not shop there. They put to many good business out of business.
Hay Stetson we could be brothers. One of the reasons I say screw WM is how they kill small town businesses. The medical plans they so graciously offer their employees are partly provided by the states in which a particular store is located. Before O Care went into effect the medical sucked totally. I finger it's off the charts suck now. Like working at WM is in the Suck except no one is shooting at you. Plus management sticks their executive noses where they oughtn't not be. In states like Tennessee or Kentucky the BIG hourly wage is 4 or 5 bucks an hour.

:soapbox::soapbox:WalMart

#8 ·
Wal-Mart really isn't in the defensive and hunting arms business, anyway. They are best at the supply chain business, as it relates to toiletries and household items. Have no problems with a grocery store bowing out of specialty products. It's about time, really. They should, as a business model, focus on what they do best. And they simply cannot compete well with specialty products that take specialty knowledge for which they cannot leverage their exceedingly efficient supply chain.

#9 ·
Our local Wallyworld recently dropped them at $200 discount across the whole AR/Beretta Storm inventory. They went out-the-door in a blink. Colt 6920 for $688 is tough to pass-up! I don't expect them to...re-stock.

Reactions: Chicagobill
#11 ·
Colt 6920 for $688 is tough to pass-up! I don't expect them to...re-stock.
Wow. IIRC, those Colts were occasionally going for $1500-1700, during the "scare" a couple years back. $688 is a relative steal. Heck, that's not much above a DIY garage special for ~$500 or so.

#16 ·
It really doesn't bother me that Walmart isn't going to sale guns, I rarely buy anything but home goods there anyway. Their ammo has been scarce long before the "crisis", they used to have some decent guns but not so much anymore, and their knife selection isnt very good- although they do have Leatherman Wave.
My local walmart spent a fortune remodeling and put un about five isles of fishing stuff about ten years ago, now the same store has one isle. They have reduced their electronic selection as well. They still sell chlorine for your pool though.

I'm Sam Walton has likely done some backflips in the grave over in the past decade or two.

#17 ·
As read; WW will no longer be selling any firearms that are assault-style or use multi-round magazines. They will only be selling hunting and sporting clay style firearms.

QUESTION: does this include assault-style BB & pellet guns as well??

Well I know some hogs, deer, yote’s, elk, and prairie dogs in my neighborhood, which will be happy about that. As we use AR’s to hunt them with. So this is also a victory for PETA too.

OH my bad…. PETA > People whom Eat Tasty Animals will be sad because they need AR’s to hunt hogs, deer, and elk to be able to eat um.

So are they going to discontinue 10/22’s? And shotguns that house over 5-shells, have ghost sights, or have pistol grips?

And what about camo colored firearms, as they are inconspicuously hidden in plan sight.

I find it hard to believe that their sale’s of such styled firearms, as they claim, is dwindling since their prices are far better then the local haberdasheries, when they have them in stock.

Though their ammo prices have become higher then those at the gun shows except for 22’s. OH crap I hope that Letitia James and Rev. William Lupfer doesn’t see this or they’ll have WW pulling those from their shelves as well.

OH WELL,,,,, since I can't get my needed firearms supplies at WW while shopping for my sundries any more, I guess I'll be shopping at Target or Meijer's from now on instead.

So I'll be adding WW to my list of Anti-2A Rights Establishments with Dicks, as where not to shop anymore.

#19 ·
Ghost1958..... get back to us in say 3-months and let us all know if the one's on the shelve today that get sold tomorrow, are re-stocked and still available in 3-months or so.

Is WW going to pull a Dicks and pull everything off the shelves and return it to their supplier for credit, or just sell um out and not re-order?

#22 ·
The clearance prices started around last Monday I believe, most everything has been scooped up by now. I visited 7 walmarts on Tuesday and none of the clearance firearms were left. I did find it quite amusing that 2 of them still had ruger mini 14 ranch rifles in stock for the full retail price of around $700, I suppose the wood stocks makes them not "tactical" and scary like an ar15, although they have the same round capacity as the AR.....

Reactions: 5lima30ret
#25 ·
I am friends with the owner of my LGS. He told me a couple of weeks ago, that the bottom had fallen out of the AR-15 market due to market saturation. Everybody that wants one has one, for the most part. That, I suspect, is the reason Walmart is not going to stock them.

Reactions: Wolf357
#31 ·
I don't care if they sell guns or not It would just be refreshing if they weren't cowardly about the issue and state the real reason why. If a particular make or model firearm isn't selling well why not just stop selling that particular gun? No need for a public announcement or issue an across the board ban based on physical characteristics and then lie about politics having nothing to do with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.