Defensive Carry banner

Boo Hoo Ma' Jones

643 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Wasp 
#1 ·
If you don't already know, Mother Jones is a huge anti gun group...most of you know. Anyway, I was traipsing around the inter webz and came across an article by Ma' Jones that I found funny.

Apparently recently the internet forum Redit allowed their alien logo to be engraved on AR lowers, of course Ma" don't like it. Also gun antis have been trolling redits site and the CEO as well as members are sick of it, so Ma' sent em a letter of sorts. I will link the whole article, but I will highlight the good part.

Article link:
Reddit's Former CEO Is Fed Up With the Site's Vindictive Trolls, But Not Its Anonymous Gun Dealers | Mother Jones

Here was Ma's attack towards Redit's CEO:
I wondered whether that might now also apply to a forum where anonymous gun dealers revel in the prospect of profiting from the mass murder of first graders and boast about selling firearms with zero regulatory scrutiny.
The CEO of Redit cleverly replied:
Ironically the sensationalist, leading questions you sent us when "researching" this muckraking piece sparked my interest in guns, which later led me to buy an AR-15. Wish I could get one of those reddit-stamped lower receivers though. Seriously, the hi-res pictures you included made those rifles look amazing. It was almost an advertisement for them.
Hilarious! Funnier still is that Ma' Jones thought the justified insulting rubuttal still benefitted its agenda enough to publish it on their own site. I applaud the CEO of Redit for standing up the Ma' regardless, I'm sure he didn't think his comments would be published since it was through email, so I'll give him bonus points for that.

See less See more
#2 ·
If I were the CEO of Reddit, I wouldn't have dignified their address to him with an answer.

I would have posted it in my own forum and made a mockery of "Ma", for all members to see. Then I might have found out how to get one of the Lowers, and then cut a deal with the maker to let Reddit members get them for 50% off, and I would reimburse the rest, just to rub their(Ma Jones) noses in it.

#3 ·
From the article said:
... where anonymous gun dealers revel in the prospect of profiting from the mass murder of first graders ...
Hm. Just like (tongue-in-cheek) Ford Motors and its dealers "revel" in the prospect of profiting from the thousands of DUI manslaughter deaths annually?

Yeah. "Muckraking article" is a great description of such a thing that makes such foolish connections out of facts.

Mother Jones News, based unsurprisingly in San Francisco: great lining for the bottom of the birdcages.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.