Defensive Carry banner

Meprolight Tru - Dot

610 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  OlympicViking 
#1 ·
How bright are Meprolight Tru - Dots supposed to be? I bought a set off of Amazon and even in a room with the lights off I can barely see them glow. My old wrist watch put off more light.

#4 ·
I have Tru Dot night sights on my Kahr K9 and K40. They are VERY bright as they came on the guns that were manufactured in 2014. My problem with Tru Dots is there is no manufacture date on them like you see on Trijicon night sights. Chances are you may have purchased a very old set of Tru Dots that are 7 or 8 years old and you'd never know it since there is no date of manufacture to guide you. I have a couple of sets of night sights that have a 12 year warranty, and I've had them for 9 years.....and they are just about gone. I have a set of Glock night sights on my Glock 23 which are Meprolights, and they are much brighter than any other set of night sights I have. Again, they came with the gun which I purchased in 2011.

#6 ·
I had some Tru Dots on a G30. No idea how old they were, but they were nearly as bright as the year old Trijicons that were on my Beretta. Got them cheap too. $55 installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.