Guard shot in face out of hospital

This is a discussion on Guard shot in face out of hospital within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/4614853.html Houston & Texas News March 9, 2007, 12:36AM Guard shot in face out of hospital Accused shooter is improving after he shot self By ...

Thread: Guard shot in face out of hospital

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/4614853.html

Houston & Texas News

March 9, 2007, 12:36AM
    Accused shooter is improving after he shot self

By DALE LEZON
    Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

TOOLS
    Email Get section feed
    Print Subscribe NOW
    A private security guard shot in the face Wednesday just outside Sharpstown Center was released from the hospital Thursday. His accused attacker, a fellow guard at the mall, was doing better, hospital officials said.

Police were still investigating and no arrest had been made by late Thursday.

Robert Davis, 57, was doing fine, said his son, Macharia Davis, 31. He was shot in the chin and the bullet exited his shoulder. "He's lucky, very lucky," Macharia Davis said.

Houston police said Jordan Daniel Landry, 23, shot Davis with a semi-automatic handgun during an altercation in the mall parking lot while Davis was on duty. Both are guards with Weiser Security Services.

Landry, police said, then drove from the mall in a black Isuzu Rodeo and shot himself in the head.

Both men were taken to Ben Taub General Hospital. By late Thursday, Landry's condition had been upgraded to fair, from critical.

The shooting appeared to have been sparked by his father's promotion and Landry's demotion, Macharia Davis said.

Weiser did not return phone calls seeking comment.

Davis said his father knew Landry only as a co-worker and did not socialize with him.

Robert Davis' younger son, Sharrukin Davis, 29, said he had also worked as a guard for Weiser and had known Landry when the two worked together at a grocery supply store.

Robert Davis doesn't want to press charges, Macharia Davis said. "He thought the person had already suffered enough," he said. "He had shot himself."

Landry enlisted in the Army in February 2006 but is no longer in the military, Army officials said.

dale.lezon@chron.com
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    I'm glad the victim's doing better. Sorry the shooter's improving.

Speechless.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!! Steve48

It was nice that the victim didn't file charges against his attacker.I don't think I could have done the same. Sounds like the attacker had mental problems I hope they both are getting better. Maybe the attacker was haveing one of those days like Rosie Odonald.

I Thought...

'pressing charges' in a situation like this, would be automatic and not related to the feelings of the victim?????

If someone shoots another person, wouldn't the 'shooter' face the potential penalty regardless of the victim's wishes?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Houston police said Jordan Daniel Landry, 23, shot Davis with a semi-automatic handgun during an altercation in the mall parking lot while Davis was on duty. Both are guards with Weiser Security Services.
    The victim would be doing better if he had been shot with a Davis semi-automatic handgun.

But really, I would have thought a prosecution would be up to the district attorney, and that a grand jury would be automatic in such a case.

You know what? When someone gets shot by some hothead whacko in an altercation like this, it really galls me when the victim is so forgiving that he says he doesn't want charges pressed. Hey, stupid, society's safety from this nutcase isn't up to you!

I'd have sympathy for the guy if it had stopped with, "innocent victim shot; presses charges against attacker." I have no sympathy for the man because he urges letting a psycho who shot someone in the face off without charges. That doesn't help anyone, unless Davis had more to do with the escalation of the altercation that led to the shooting than he has let on. . .

Haters. :(

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

"Ahhhhh-so! You mock the ju-ju of the Mall-Ninja? I give you velly bahd headache!"

"No, Mall-Ninja Master! I fell the burn of your wrath! I will not involve the evil village Sherriff!"

Links