10 year torture test of a Glock.......it's shameful to do this to a gun. - Page 2

10 year torture test of a Glock.......it's shameful to do this to a gun.

This is a discussion on 10 year torture test of a Glock.......it's shameful to do this to a gun. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If any gun law should be passed, it should be an anti abuse law....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 year torture test of a Glock.......it's shameful to do this to a gun.

If any gun law should be passed, it should be an anti abuse law.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

VIP Member
    Glock21Guy, you are correct, it should be a crime to do that to a pistol. But, it is nice to know I COULD do that to my Glock and it would keep functioning. Since I am pretty good about scrubbing the gunk out and keeping it lubed, I doubt I'll ever have a problem. I haven't yet and I've run through more ammo than I care to admit.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

This explains a t shirt I saw surffing the web earlier today that said something like "You show your Kimber to your friends, and your Glock to your enemies." This is just a phrase I saw and mean no offence to Kimber fans. It does seem that if you want a plain and simple "weapon" you can't go wrong with a Glock. This thread may have just coninced me to pick up that G26 I've been looking at.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Wow, that makes me feel better about my decision to go with the Glock 23

G23 owner here and I freakin' love this gun.

Just like was said above, it may feel like a brick or a 2X4 when you hold it but it is going to go bang no matter what has happened to it.

I am a Glock guy now. But I am still a Sig fan too...they are just so Purdy.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I admire Glocks for their durability and reliability, and could shoot one if needed to, but I just can't seem to get over the grip angle. That is probably the only thing that stops me from buying one. It just doesn't feel right. Hard to explain I guess.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

I love my G-26 but I've had some problems with it. It was a rental that I bought used (no idea how many rounds the range put though it). We had to replace the extractor soon after purchase, but it ran fine for the next 7-8 years (at least 5000 rounds).

Then in the last year or so, I've run into more problems with it. FTFs may be related to the 9-10 year old mag springs. I also get light hits on primers. Too many different kinds of ammo to be a single brand or box. The FTEs have been some stovepipes and sometimes the extractor rippes a chunk off the rim of the case.

I had all the springs (except the mags) replaced. That cut down on most of the failures, but there are still too many hiccups for me to call it completely reliable.

I wanted to cut my losses after 3 trips to gunsmiths. But my wife loves it and won't let it go. Maybe I'll replace it with a new one (like my parents did with my goldfish) when she's not looking.

Compared to my other pistols the grip angle does not bother me. The difference in trigger pull is more difficult to adjust to when changing guns. I just feel that they are all diffenent and all have their own quirks. None bad or worse than the others. Just different personalities.

I will definately have another Glock. Maybe more.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by purple88yj View Post
    I admire Glocks for their durability and reliability, and could shoot one if needed to, but I just can't seem to get over the grip angle. That is probably the only thing that stops me from buying one. It just doesn't feel right. Hard to explain I guess.
    This is the main reason I don't like Glocks they have never felt comfortable in my hand. Plus I think they are UGLY
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

kpw
    dauff, contact Glock in Smyrna, Ga. It doesn't matter if it's used, they are real good about taking care of problems The cost would probably be minimal as well.

The day when Glock comes out with a SA/DA I will be the first in line, until then I guess I'll just have to admire them from a distance.

I am no fan of Glock...but...

I am more than impressed. I cannot imagine any handgun performing as well!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links