FedEx rant

FedEx rant

This is a discussion on FedEx rant within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I'm sending 2 old Charter Arms revolvers in f/service. I comply w/Fedex rules and pay f/Priority Overnight shipping. I mark the box C/A repairs. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FedEx rant

FedEx rant

So I'm sending 2 old Charter Arms revolvers in f/service. I comply w/Fedex rules and pay f/Priority Overnight shipping. I mark the box C/A repairs. I check the tracking # and see it listed as 'delivery exemption'. Fedex calls and asks where the box was being shipped !?
    I tell them and the goober on the phone says "It is your fault that shipping was delayed. You should have marked the box Charter Arms." I replied that no one marks the box w/firearms company name to prevent theft. He said that he would not have taken the box from me for delivery w/out name on it and that Fedex never has theft problems w/guns! Further I am out $ f/priority shipping which will actually take almost 3 days.
    Soapbox now put away.

When I had to ship my Springfield CHampion back to get some work done, I fully complied with all federal and FedEx regulations. When I took the package to the FedEx, the clerk attendant asked what was in the package. I told him one disassembled handgun with no ammunition. I was promptly told that FedEx does not ship firearms, despite showing the employee his employer's policy for such shipments. I ended up going to UPS and they were much more helpful.

Use UPS. They aren't weird about firearms shipping.
    -Biker

VIP Member
    +1 on UPS.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

JD
    Administrator

Question

How much does UPS / FedEx charge for that?

When I mailed out my Colt I had a local gunshop send it USPS, it only cost me $25 and that was with $500 worth of insurance on it.

UPS...

besides, the redneck in me likes Dale Jarrett

+1 on UPS
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by khanfam6 View Post
    "It is your fault that shipping was delayed. You should have marked the box Charter Arms." I replied that no one marks the box w/firearms company name to prevent theft. He said that he would not have taken the box from me for delivery w/out name on it and that Fedex never has theft problems w/guns! Further I am out $ f/priority shipping which will actually take almost 3 days.
    Hate to say this, but he is correct. You pay for next-day shipping. You insure for the value of the arms. You completely address the package. The responsibility is now theirs. If it "disappears", you file the claim, and call PD on your end, their end, and the ATF (theft of firearm(s) from a secured carrier,between states). You will have your guns or your $$ in pretty short order.

At one time or another, all of the big shippers have paid big money to disassosciate their names from crimes committed with stolen guns. All of them have folks who aren't familiar with shipping regs working the counter, at one time or another. UPS "lost" a pistol and a rifle, on seperate occasions. After several calls, I finally told the CS rep to get something positive to tell me in 24 hours, or I was calling the ATF. They located my pistol in 4 hours.

If you give incomplete shipping info, basically you're "misdirecting" the package.

I have used my friendly gun store - $15 both ways.
    Not sure if that's because they are friendly, or send high volume or just if that's how it is. But it works well for me.

Use UPS. They aren't weird about firearms shipping.

Negative.

I had problems shipping an MAS36 from 2 UPS Stores and ended up having UPS pick it up from my office. UPS Stores are franchises and some of their owners will not ship.

Welcome to the real world.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Young View Post
    Negative.

I had problems shipping an MAS36 from 2 UPS Stores and ended up having UPS pick it up from my office. UPS Stores are franchises and some of their owners will not ship.

Welcome to the real world.
    Actually no franchise is supposed to ship a firearm as per their regulations. I think you must have an account or take it to one of their regional/local centers. That's what I have done and I had no troubles at all.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    +10 on UPS. I've directed all my vendors to ship to me via UPS. I won't accept shipment from Fed Ex anymore. They've me over too many times.

Yes, the UPS I used was a regional/local center. The lady there was very helpful.

They are the friendly store the one closest to me charged me 45 to get a gun from Miami to GA woodbine.......about 6hrs away..
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

The saga continues...
    Todays update states that delivery was attempted but that the business was closed,at 10.22am.
    Maybe they get revos by Monday ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links