Today was a good day

Today was a good day

This is a discussion on Today was a good day within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Let me start off the story from Tuesday morning. I decided to give my local gunshop a call before I went to work, because I ...

Thread: Today was a good day

Today was a good day

Let me start off the story from Tuesday morning.

I decided to give my local gunshop a call before I went to work, because I know they do their ordering in the morning. I wanted to order a Walther G22 carbine in black, with a laser sight. So I called em up, turns out they had one, with laser sight, IN STOCK. Great, told them I'd come and pick it up after work, and I did. Went home and checked it out, pretty neat little rifle.

Fast forward to wednesday morning; since I have off on wednesdays, I gave my friend Ed a call to see if he wanted to accompany me to the range, to break in the G22. He agreed, and we went to the range. After about 500 rounds of .22lr, I had pretty much figured out the sights on the G22, and was hitting cans off the target posts at 25 yards no problem. Decided to call it a day at the range, and packed up. Next time I'll sight it in at the 50 yard range.

So we picked up my friend Steve, and the three of us hit the gun shop. Ed was so inspired that he picked up a new Ruger 10/22, a 25-round banana mag and a scope for it, and Steve put a chunk of change down on a new Saiga .308.

Now I won't be the only one toting rifles to the range!

Stupid question, though; I haven't had much luck finding any high-cap Saiga .308 mags. Does anyone know if they exist? I know Steve will want some 20 rounders for it, once he takes delivery in about a week. Oh, and also any recommendations for cheap (or at least less expensive) .308, since now we'll be feeding both my M1A and his Saiga with the stuff...
    Discretion is the better part of valour; and a virtue beyond reproach.
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

VIP Member
    The only source of Saiga .308 mags that I have found is Fuzzy Bunny Movie Guns. Don't let the name fool you. Unfortunately the first line on their site today says that they are out until June. This is still the only place to get them. Maybe they will manufacture more this time so they won't run out. I need 3 myself and have been waiting until my tax refund comes in. Now it will all be spent before the mags are available.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Sponsored Links